Teaching English to adolescents
Treść / Zawartość
This thesis deals with a challenging matter which is teaching English language to adolescents. Teaching as a process of transmitting knowledge is very important but habitually, it may be very problematical on the particular age level. Teenage learners differ from other learners as they are thought to be the most disobedient in behaviour and most discouraged to learn. Adolescence is a difficult time in a child's life when a lot of psychological and physical transformations take place. Therefore, it is significant for teachers to become familiar with these changes in order to work effectively. There are plenty of useful and efficient methods that teachers can integrate into their lessons to increase students’ understanding and improve overall comprehension.
-  Asher James, 1977. Learning Another Language Through Actions: The Complete Teacher’s Guidebook. Los Gatos, California: Sky Oak Productions.
-  Bishop A. Julia, Inderbitzen M. Heidi, 1995. “Peer acceptance and friendship: An investigation of their relationship to self-esteem”. Journal of Early Adolescence.
-  Bress Paul, 2004. “Following communication”. English Teaching Professional.
-  Brown Douglas, 2000. Principles of Language learning and Teaching. Longman.
-  Brown Douglas, 2001. Teaching by Principles. An interactive approach to language pedagogy. Longman.
-  Brown Douglas, 1994. Principles of Language Learning and Teaching. 3rd ed., New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
-  Dörnyei Zoltán, Thurrell Sarah, 1994. Strategic competence and how to teach it. ELT Journal.
-  Faerch Claus, Kasper Gabriele, 1984. Two ways of defining communication strategies - Language Learning.
-  Harmer Jeremy, 1993. Teaching and learning grammar. Longman.
-  Harmer Jeremy, 2001. How to Teach English. Longman.
-  Johnsson Samuel, Walker John, 1828. A Dictionary of the English Language. Second Edition, Revised and Corrected. London: W. Pickering, Chancery Lane; George Cowie and Co. Poultry.
-  Kimble Gregory A., Garmezy Norman, 1963. Principles of General Psychology. Second Edition. New York: The Ronald Press.
-  Komorowska Hanna, 2001. Metodyka Nauczania Języków Obcych. Fraszka Edukacyjna. Warszawa.
-  Krashen D. Stephen, 1982. Principles and Practice in Second Language Acquisition. Oxford: Pergamon.
-  Maier Cassandra, 2011. 5 Characteristics of Adolescence. http://www.ehow.com/info_8154577_5-characteristics-adolescence.html
-  Nagaraj P., 2009. Application of Community Language Learning for Effective. Bharathiar University.
-  Piaget Jean, 1950. The Psychology of Intelligence. New York: International Universities Press.
-  Ur Penny, 1996. A Course in Language Teaching – practice and theory. Cambridge University Press.