Direct Language Learning Strategies in the theory by Rebecca Oxford in English vocabulary acquisition at the age group of 11-12 year olds
Treść / Zawartość
An unwritten rule in many countries says that it is very important or even necessary to know at least one foreign language. Undoubtedly, there are many factors which influence our language acquisition and have been extensively researched in order to ensure that they address the needs of different students. The elements which affect our language abilities are motivation, techniques, methods but also appropriate language strategy. For many years experts have paid attention to the plans that students use in order to achieve results in their study. In their research they have decided to reject the way of study based on particular principles or methods and they have decided to concentrate on students. Moreover, they have started to explore the nature of Language Learning Strategies and the matter how they influence receiving foreign language. The results of their investigations are considered to be the greatest causes in the process of language acquisition, by focusing on differences in language realisation.
-  Carver, D. 1984. Plans, learner strategies, and self-direction in language learning. System 12/1.
-  Chaudron, C. 1988. Second language classrooms: Research on teaching and learning. Cambridge/New York: CUP
-  Cook, V. 1993. Linguistics and second language acquisition. Londyn: The Macmillan Press Ltd.
-  Dickinson, L. 1978. Autonomy, self-directed learning and individualisation. In ELT Documents 103.
-  Droździał – Szelest. K. ( 1997). Language learning strategies in the process of acquiring a foreign language.Poznań.Motivex.
-  Ellis, R. 1992. Second language acquisition and language pedagogy. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters Ltd.
-  Logan, G.E. 1973. Individualized foreign language learning: An organic process. Rowley, Mass.: Newbury House.
-  Naiman, N., Fröhlich, M., Stern, H.H. and Todesco, A. 1978. The good language learner. A Raport. Research in Education Series 7. The Ontario Institute for Studies in Education.
-  Nowak, S. (1985). Metodologia badań społecznych. Warszawa
-  O’Malley, J.M., Chamot, A., Stewner-Manzanaraes, G., Küpper, L. And Russo, R. 1985a. Learning strategies used by beginning and intermediate ESL students. LL 35/1.
-  Oxford, R.L. 1989. Use of language learning strategies: a synthesis of studies with implications for strategy training. System 17/2.
-  Oxford, R.L. 1990. Language learning strategies. New York: Newbury House Publishers.
-  Pilch, T. (1995). Zasady badań pedagogicznych. Warszawa.
-  Rubin, J. 1975. What the good language learner can teach us. TESOL Quarterly 9/1.
-  Rubin, J. 1981. Study of cognitive processes in second language learning. Applied Linguistics 2/2.
-  Sztumski, J. (1995). Wstęp do metod i technik badań społecznych. Katowice.
-  Toney, T. 1983. Guides for language learners. ELT Journal 37/4.