PL EN


Preferencje help
Widoczny [Schowaj] Abstrakt
Liczba wyników
Czasopismo
2011 | 38 | 23-55
Tytuł artykułu

Żydzi w Toruniu w latach 1793 –1950

Treść / Zawartość
Warianty tytułu
EN
Jews in Toruń in the Years 1793–1950
DE
Die Juden in Thorn in den Jahren 1793–1950
Języki publikacji
PL
Abstrakty
EN
The oldest preserved statute of Jewish Community in Toruń was published in year 1822. The others were approved in 1858, 1866 and 1889 (the last one was binding since 1925). The first Chief Rabbi in Toruń in years 1804 –1847 was Hermann Simon Leiser. His successorswere: Krakauer, Engelbert, Rahmer, Oppenheim and Rosenberg. Only in 1847, when a new emancipation act was introduced, things for Jewish Community changed for the better, as its members earned civil rights. The Jewish Community in Toruń numbered 500 members. The political emancipation contributed to social assimilation. One of Zionism early pioneers and supporter of the re-settlement of the Land of Israel was rabbi Zvi Hirsch Kalischer (1795–1874) from Lissau (Leszno). Since 1829 he had lived in Toruń (Szeroka Street 49). He was a thinker, a philosopher, an author of various academic works (among them the most important was Drishat Zion). He was buried in Jewish Cemetery in Toruń that was founded in 1723. Despite the fact that the cemetery was closed down and devastated (none of matzevots resp. tombstones preserved to our times) we can reconstruct its look due to the photographs taken in 1975. Among rabbi Kalischer the most prominent figures of Jewish Toruń were a photographer Lotte Jacobi (1896 –1990) and a painter Julie Wolfthorn (1864 –1944). The synagogue in Toruń was built in 1847 at Szczytna Street 10, though the prayer house was pulled down by Nazis in 1939. In 1920 (according to growing anti-Semitism movement) numerous members of the Diaspora of Toruń migrated to Germany. Only 147 of them decided to stay in the city. The new rabbi was Doctor Hermann Wolpe. His successor (since 1932) was Izaak Lejb Glicenstein. The outbreak of the Second World War resulted in liquidation of Jewish Community in Toruń. In a report dated October 17, 1939 Nazi authorities stated that there were no Jews in Toruń. After the end of the war Jewish Community in Toruń was not re-established; the local unit of Central Committee of Jews in Poland (since 1946) did not take up any appropriate actions.
DE
Das älteste Statut von der Jüdischen Gemeinde in Thorn stammt aus dem Jahr 1822. Die nächsten Statuten wurden in den Jahren 1858, 1866 und 1889 angenommen (die letzte galt bis zum 1925). Der erste Thorner Rabbi war Hermann Simon Leiser (er war von 1804 bis zum 1847 tätig). Die nächsten waren: Krakauer, Engelbert, Rahmer, Oppenheim und Rosenberg. Erst das Emanzipationsedikt (1847) brachte Änderungen für die Jüdische Gemeinde, als es bürgerliche Gleichberechtigung der Juden garantierte. Zu dieser Zeit zählte die Thorner Gemeinde etwa 500 Mitglieder. Die Emanzipation gab wichtigen Antrieb zur Assimilation. Der erste Mann, der eine Idee von einem jüdischen Staat in Palatinen präsentierte, war ein Rabbi Zvi Hirsch Kalischer (1795–1874), der aus Lissa kam. Er wohnte in Thorn an der Breitestr. 46. Er war ein Denker, ein Philosoph, ein Autor von vielfaltigen wissenschaftlichen Arbeiten, insbesondere Drishat Zion. Er wurde auf dem Thorner Jüdischen Friedhof beerdiget, der im Jahre 1723 etablieret wurde. Obwohl diese Begräbnisstätte liquidiert wurde und die Graben zerstöret wurden, kann man der 55 Bildnis von der Friedhoff (dank den Fotografien aus dem Jahr 1975) rekonstruieren. Das Friedhoff kann auch mit dem Fotografen, Lotte Jacobi (1896– 1990), und der Malerin, Julie Wolfthorn, assoziiert werden. Thorner Synagoge, die im Jahr 1847 an der Schillerstr. 10 gebaut wurde, wurde im Jahr 1939 von den Nazis zerstöret. Im Jahre 1920, infolge stärkendes Antisemitismus, hat ein großer Teil der Gemeinde nach Deutschland emigrieret. In Thorn sind nur 147 Juden geblieben. Bis zum Jahr 1932 war Dr. Hermann Wolpe ein Rabbi, dann wurde der Dinner Gottes Izaak Lejb Glicenstein. Zu Beginn des Zweiten Weltkrieges wurde Thorner Jüdische Gemeinde aufgelöst. Im Bericht von den 17 November 1939 stand, dass in der Stadt keine Juden mehr gebe. Nach Ende des Kriegs wurde die Gemeinde nicht reaktiviert. Die etablierte im Jahr 1946 Filiale von den Zentralen Komitee der polnischen Juden übte fast keine Tätigkeiten aus.
Słowa kluczowe
PL
Toruń   Żydzi  
EN
Torun   Jews  
DE
Czasopismo
Rocznik
Numer
38
Strony
23-55
Opis fizyczny
Daty
wydano
2011
Twórcy
  • Archiwum Państwowe w Toruniu
Bibliografia
Typ dokumentu
Bibliografia
Identyfikatory
Identyfikator YADDA
bwmeta1.element.desklight-cfa7a127-473c-406c-8c13-d878a34657c3
JavaScript jest wyłączony w Twojej przeglądarce internetowej. Włącz go, a następnie odśwież stronę, aby móc w pełni z niej korzystać.