Horizontal collaboration in logistics: a comprehensive framework
Treść / Zawartość
Cooperation in logistics is widely recognised as one of the core challenges for the next future. In this context, horizontal collaboration is believed to be one of the innovative solutions to effectively tackle the growing logistic challenges from both, environmental and economic points of view. This innovative topic is quickly gaining momentum but the literature in the field is still in its infancy. As a consequence, a methodological tool to support project and implementation of successful horizontal partnership is still not available. In this paper, we propose a comprehensive framework based on an extensive literature review of both, scholars and practitioners. The proposed tool is based on an incremental perspective, according to which mutual trust among partners is developed through continuous collaboration. More specifically, three steps are proposed: operational, tactical and strategic. For each of them a coherent couple of aims and shared assets is defined.
Bibliogr. 34 poz., tab.
- School of Environment and Technology, University of Brighton, Brighton, UK, BN2 4GJ, email@example.com
- Department of Industrial and Information Engineering and Economics, University of L'Aquila, L'Aquila AQ, Italy, 67100, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supply Chain Research Centre, Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield, UK, MK43 0AL, email@example.com
- Department of Industrial and Information Engineering and Economics, University of L'Aquila, L'Aquila AQ, Italy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1. Audy, J-F., D'amours, S., & Rousseau, L-M. (2011), "Cost Allocation in the Establishment of a Collaborative Transportation Agreement - an Application in the Furniture Industry". Journal of the Operational Research Society, 62, 960-970.
- 2. Audy, J-F., Lehoux, N., D'amours, S., & Ronnqvist, M. (2012), "A framework for an efficient implementation of logistics collaborations". International Transactions in Operational Research, 19, pp. 633-657
- 3. Bahinipati, B.K., Kanda, A., & Deshmukh, S.G. (2009), "Horizontal collaboration in semiconductor manufacturing industry supply chain: An evaluation of collaboration intensity index". Computers & Industrial Engineering, 57 (3), 880-895.
- 4. Bititci, U. S., Martinez, V., Albores, P., & Parung, J. (2004), "Creating and Managing Value in Collaborative Networks". International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management , 34 (3/4), 251-268
- 5. Caputo, M., & Mininno, V. (1996), "Internal, Vertical and Horizontal Logistics Integration in Italian Grocery Distribution". International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management , 26 (9), 64-91
- 6. Christopher, M. (2005), Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Harlow: Pearson Education Limited. Great Britain.
- 7. Cruijssen, F. (2006), "Horizontal Cooperation in Transport and Logistics". PhD Thesis:Universiteit van Tilburg. The Netherlands.
- 8. Cruijssen, F., Cools, M., & Dullaert, W. (2007), "Horizontal Cooperation in Logistics:Opportunities and Impediments". Transportation Research: Part E , 43 (2), 129-142
- 9. Cruijssen, F., Dullaert, W., & Joro, T. (2010), "Freight Transportation Efficiency Through Horizontal Cooperation in Flanders". International Journal of Logistics: Research & Applications , 13 (3), 161-178
- 10. Cruijssen, F. (2012), "Operational and Legal Framework for Collaboration. Position Paper". CO3 Project. EU FP7 Funded Project.
- 11. European Commission (2012), "Climate Change Factsheet - June 2012".doi:10.2834/35823 - accessed on June 10th 2013.
- 12. European Union. (2001), "Guidelines on the Applicability of Article 81 of the EC Treaty to Horizontal Cooperation Agreements". European Commission Notice 2001/C 3/02
- 13. Fawcett, S. E., Fawcett, A. M., Watson, B. J. & Magnan, G. M. (2012), "Peeking inside the black box: toward an understanding of supply chain collaboration dynamics". Journal of Supply Chain Management, 48: 44-72
- 14. Ghaderi, H., Darestani, S., Leman, Z., & Ismail, M. (2012), "Horizontal collaboration in logistics: a feasible task for group purchasing". International Journal of Procurement Management, 5 (1), pp. 43 - 54
- 15. Hammant, J. (2011), "Collaboration: Heard It All Before?" Logistics & Transport Focus, 13 (7), 32-34
- 16. Hingley, M., Lindgreen, A., Grant, D.B., & Kane, C. (2011), "Using fourth-party logistics management to improve horizontal collaboration among grocery retailers". Supply Chain Management: an International Journal, 16 (5), pp. 316-327.
- 17. Ho, W., Xu, X., & Dey, P. K. (2010), "Multi-Criteria Decision Making Approaches for Supplier Evaluation and Selection: A Literature Review". European Journal of Operational Research , 202 (1), 16-24
- 18. Lambert, D. M., Emmelhainz, M. A., & Gardner, J. T. (1999), "Building Successful Logistics Partnership". Journal of Business Logistics , 20 (1), 165-181
- 19. Lehoux, N., Audy, J-F., D'amours, S., & Ronnqvist, M. (2009), "Issues and experiences in logistics collaboration". In Camarinha-Matos, L., Paraskakis, I., Afsarmanesh, H. (eds.) Leveraging Knowledge for Innovation in Collaborative Networks, IFIP, Springer, Boston, MA, pp. 69-77
- 20. Leitner, R., Meizer, F., Prochazka, M., & Sihn, W. (2011), "Structural Concepts for Horizontal Cooperation to Increase Efficiency in Logistics". CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, 4 (3), 332-337
- 21. Mason, R., Lalwani, C., & Boughton, R. (2007), "Combining Vertical and Horizontal Collaboration for Transport Optimisation". Supply Chain Management: An International Journal , 12 (3), 187-199
- 22. Mckinsey. (2010), "Identifying and Assessing Horizontal Collaboration Partnerships". Eye For Transport Conference, 1st June 2010. Brussels
- 23. Moutaoukil, A., Derrouiche, R., & Neubert, G. (2012), "Pooling Supply Chain: Literature Review of Collaborative Strategies". 13th IFIP WG 5.5 Working Conference on Virtual Enterprises, PRO-VE 2012, Bournemouth, UK, October 1-3, 2012. Proceedings pp 513-525
- 24. Naesens, K., Gelders, L., & Pintelon, L. (2009), "A swift response framework for measuring the strategic fit for a horizontal collaborative initiative". International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 121, pp.550 - 561
- 25. Sasaki, M., E R.M., & Marsh, (2012), Trust Comparative Perspectives, Leiden The Netherlands, Brill
- 26. Schulz, S.F., & Blecken, A. (2010), "Horizontal cooperation in disaster relief logistics: benefits and impediments". International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 40 (8-9), pp. 636-656.
- 27. Schmoltzi, C., & Wallengburg, C. M. (2012), "Operational Governance in Horizontal Cooperations of Logistics Service Providers: Performance Effects and the Moderating Role of Cooperation Complexity". Journal of Supply Chain Management , 48 (2), 53-74
- 28. Simatupang, T. M., & Sridharan, R. (2005), "An Integrative Framework for Supply Chain Collaboration". International Journal of Logistics Management , 16 (2), 257-274
- 29. Stefansson, G. (2006), "Collaborative Logistics Management and the Role of Third-Party Service Providers". International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 36 (2), 76-92
- 30. Transport Intelligence (2011), "Collaboration in the Supply Chain Survey and some Thoughts".Horizontal Collaboration 2nd Summit - 19th and 20th May 2011. Brussels.
- 31. Wallenburg, C. M., & Raue, J. S. (2011), "Conflict and its Governance in Horizontal Cooperations of Logistics Service Providers". International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 41 (4), 385-400.
- 32. Wilhelm, M. M. (2011), "Managing Coopetition Through Horizontal Supply Chain Relations: Linking Dyadic and Network Levels of Analysis". Journal of Operations Management , 29 (7/8), 663-676
- 33. World Economic Forum (2009), "Supply Chain Decarbonization - The role of logistics and transport in reducing supply chain carbon emissions".
- 34. Zinn, W., & Parasuraman, A. (1997), "Scope and Intensity of Logistics-Based Strategic Alliances". Industrial Marketing Management , 26 (2), 137-147