National Automatic Toll Collection System for motorways, expressways and other roads
Treść / Zawartość
Th e paper refers to some problems of European Electronic Tolling Service (EETS) implementation in Poland. Motor Transport Institute has developed the structure of the National Automatic Toll Collection System (NATCS). It consists of National Automatic Toll Collection Centre (NATCC), OBU and control subsystem. NATCS system is based on a combination of mobile communications using the GSM-GPRS standard technology, the satellite-based global positioning system (GPS) and 5,8 GHz microwave technology. An innovative element of NATCS is the On-Board Unit (OBU), which automatically calculates the amount of charge due taking into account the vehicle category (admissible weight, number of axles), road distance and the emissions class (ecological aspect). The control subsystem distinguishes between automatic enforcement through control gates, enforcement by mobile teams, and patrol teams. Th is presented kind of system is the best toll solution for Poland because of unique capabilities.
Bibliogr. 6 poz.
-  Directive 2004/52/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the interoperability of electronic road toll systems in the Community. OJ of the EU, L 166/132, 30.04.2004.
-  SPRINGER J. RCI Steering Committee vice chair TOLL COLLECT, Final report, Road Charging Interoperability. RCI project consortium, the European Commission DG TREN, November 2008.
-  Proposition of Commission Decision [version 13] on the definition of the European Electronic Toll Service and its technical elements. Commission of the European Communities (SEC 2009).
-  The Act from 7 of November 2008 on changing act of public roads and some other acts. Official Journal of Polish Republic 2008, No 218, position 1391.
-  http://www.fela.ch/
-  Nationwide automatic system for toll collection, Berlin 6 October 2008