The efficient management of railway sidings in terms of a safety criterion – selected aspects
Treść / Zawartość
The dynamics of the changes in the railway sector requires a system approach. Adopted management mechanisms are created by new regulations, for example a new Directive of the European Parliament and the Council 2012/34 / EU of 21 November 2012. New law presents a new categorization of railway sidings and proposes their way of functioning in terms of a safety criterion. Ensuring the supply chain with regard to safety is determined by specific operating rules on the railway sidings. At the same time this requires intensified supervision of the railway sidings, especially in the case of rail events. A railway siding is a very important component of the rail system and a railway siding user is a special case of an infrastructure manager. The aim of this article is to present the selected aspects of the efficient management of railway sidings in terms of a safety criterion. The scope of this article includes the issue of railway siding management in the context of a new division of railway infrastructure arising from changes in legislation.
Bibliogr. 8 poz.
-  JABŁOŃSKI, A., JABŁOŃSKI, M.: Key challenges and problems in conducting independent evaluations of the adequacy of the risk management process in rail transport, in Mikulski J. (ed) Tools of Transport Telematics, Springer Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, CCIS 531 (2015), pp. 1–11, p.315.
-  JABŁOŃSKI, A.: Tasks of Independent Assesment Bodies in Risk Management in Rail Transport – the Polish Experience, in in Mikulski J. (ed) Challenge of Transport Telematics, Springer Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, CCIS 640, (2016), p.27
-  Directive of the European Parliament and the Council 2012/34 / EU of 21 November 2012.
-  Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure and Construction of 16 March 2016 on serious accidents, accidents and incidents in rail transport (Journal of Laws 2016, item 369).
-  Regulation of the Minister of Transport of 30 April 2007 on serious accidents, accidents and incidents on railway lines (Journal of Laws 2007, No. 89 item 593).
-  Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 402/2013 of 30 April 2013 on the common safety method for risk evaluation and assessment and repealing Regulation (EC) No 352/2009, p.21.
-  The Act of 28 March on Railway Transport (Journal of Laws 2016 item 1727, as amended) Art. 4, par. 9b of the Act of 28 March on Railway Transport (Journal of Laws 2016 item 1727, as amended).  Addendum II to the Act of 28 March on Railway Transport (Journal of Laws 2016 item 1727, as amended).