Synthesis of Polymer Inclusion Membranes based on Cellulose Triacetate for Recovery of Lanthanum(III) from Aqueous Solutions
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Polymer inclusion membrane (PIM) containing cellulose triacetate (CTA) as a polymer matrix and 2-nitrophenyl octyl ether (NPOE) as a plasticizer was developed. This membrane also contained di(2-ethylhexyl)phosphoric acid (D2EHPA) and tributyl phosphate (TBP) as the carriers of metal ions. The facilitated transport of lanthanum(III) from aqueous nitrate(V) solutions across PIM was studied. It was observed that metal ions were transported from the source phase into 2M H2SO4 as the receiving phase. The transport through PIM with D2EHPA as the ion carrier was found as the more effective method of lanthanum(III) removal from the aqueous solution than transport through PIM with TBP as the ion carrier.
Bibliogr. 15 poz.
-  Lister, T. E., Wang, P., Anderko, A. (2014). Recovery of critical and value metals from mobile electronic enabled by electrochemical processing. Hydrometallurgy 149, 228-237.
-  Jha, M. K., Kumari, A., Panda, R., Kumar J. R., Yoo, K., Lee, J. Y. (2016). Review on hydrometallurgical recovery of rare earth metals. Hydrometallurgy 165, 2-26.
-  Xie, F., Zhang, T. A., Dreisinger, D., Doyle, F. (2014). A critical review on solvent extraction of rare earths from aqueous solutions. Mineral Engineering, 56, 10-28.
-  Kujawski, W., Pospiech, B. (2014). Process and technologies for the recycling of spent fluorescent lamps. Polish Journal of Chemical Technology, 16, 3, 80-85.
-  Mishra, S., Sahu, S. K. (2016). Solvent extraction of Ce(III) from nitric acid medium using binary mixture of PC 88A and Cyanex 921. Hydrometallurgy 166, 252-259.
-  Nasab, M. E., Sam, A., Milani, S. A. (2011). Determination of optimum process conditions for the separation of thorium and rare earth elements by solvent extraction. Hydrometallurgy 106, 141-147.
-  Kumbasar, R. A., Tutkun, O. (2004). Separation and concentration of gallium from acidic leach solutions containing various metal ions by emulsion type of liquid membranes using TOPO as mobile carrier. Hydrometallurgy, 75, 111-121.
-  Zhang, F., Wu, W., Bian, X., Zeng, W. (2014). Synergistic extraction and separation of lanthanum(III) and cerium(III) using a mixture of 2-ethylhexylphosphonic mono-2-ethylhexyl ester and di-2-ethylhexyl phosphoric acid in the presence of two complexing agents containing lactic acid and citric acid. Hydrometallurgy, 149, 238-24.
-  Zhao, Z., Qiu, Z., Yang, J., Lu, S., Cao, L., Zhang, W., Xu, Y. (2017). Recovery of rare earth elements from spent fluid catalytic cracking catalysts using leaching and solvent extraction techniques. Hydrometallurgy 167, 183-188.
-  Ines, M., Almeida, G. S., Cattrall, R. W., Kolev, S. D. (2012). Recent trends in extraction and transport of metal ions using polymer inclusion membranes (PIMs). Journal of Membrane Science, 415-416, 9-23.
-  Kaya, A., Onac, C., Surucu, A., Karapinar, E., Alpoguz, H. K., Tabaki, E. (2014). Preparation of CTA-based polymer inclusion membrane using calixarene derivative as a carrier for Cr(VI) transport. Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, 79, 103-111.
-  Pospiech, B., Kujawski, W. (2015). Ionic liquids as selective extractants and ion carriers of heavy metal ions from aqueous solutions utilized in extraction and membrane separation. Reviews in Chemical Engineering 31, 179-191.
-  Kusumocahyo, S. P., Kanamori, T., Sumaru, K., Aomatsu, S., Matsuyama, H., Teramoto, M., Shinbo, T. (2004). Development of polymer inclusion membranes based on cellulose triacetate: carrier-mediated transport of cerium(III). Journal of Membrane Science 244, 251-257.
-  Pospiech, B. (2015). Studies on extraction and permeation of cadmium(II) using Cyphos IL 104 as selective extractant and ion carrier. Hydrometallurgy, 154, 88-94.
-  Pospiech, B. (2018). Facilitated transport of palladium(II) across polymer inclusion membranes with ammonium ionic liquid as effective carrier. Chemical Papers, 72(2), 301-308.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2019).