Driving style analysis based on information from the vehicle's OBD system
Treść / Zawartość
The purpose of this study was to analyse the possibility of using information from the On Board Diagnostics (OBD) system of the vehicle to determine the characteristics of the driver's driving style. Available data from the OBD system were considered and the most useful ones were selected for further investigation. Selected zero-dimensional characteristics of vehicle velocity as well as characteristics of relative position of the accelerator pedal were proposed as criteria for the assessment of driving style. The tests were carried out in conditions of real road traffic using a passenger car with a spark-ignition engine. The car was equipped with a device for recording signals from the OBD system. The tests included two drivers traveling on routes in the urban and rural areas. The obtained results were used to analyse the driving style of both drivers separately in the considered traffic conditions. On this basis, conclusions on the suitability of information from the OBD system for the assessment of the driver's driving style were formulated.
Bibliogr. 16 poz., 1 fot. kolor., wykr.
- Faculty of Automotive and Construction Machinery Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology, email@example.com
- Faculty of Automotive and Construction Machinery Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Automotive and Construction Machinery Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology, email@example.com
-  ANDRIEU, C., PIERRE, G. Using statistical models to characterize eco-driving style with an aggregated indicator. Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium (IV 2012). 2012, 63-68.
-  ANDRYCH-ZALEWSKA, M., CHŁOPEK, Z., MERKISZ, J., PIELECHA, J. Evaluation of the test drive cycle conditions impact on exhaust emissions from an internal combustion engine. Combustion Engines. 2018, 175(4), 3-9.
-  BEUSEN, B., BROEKX, S., DENYS, T. et al. Using onboard logging devices to study the longer-term impact of an eco-driving course. Transportation research part D: Transport and Environment. 2009, 14(7), 514-520.
-  CHŁOPEK, Z., BIEDRZYCKI, J., LASOCKI, J., WÓJCIK, P. Investigation of the motion of motor vehicles in Polish Conditions. The Archives of Automotive Engineering - Archiwum Motoryzacji. 2013, 60(2), 3-20.
-  CHŁOPEK, Z., LASOCKI, J., WÓJCIK, P., BADYDA, A.J. Experimental investigation and comparison of energy consumption of electric and conventional vehicles due to the driving pattern. International Journal of Green Energy. 2018, 15(13), 773-779, DOI:10.1080/15435075.2018.1529571
-  ERICSSON, E. Driving pattern in urban areas - descriptive analysis and initial prediction model.. Traffic Planning. Bulletin 185. Lund Institute of Technology, Lund 2000.
-  FONSECA, N., CASANOVA, J., ESPINOSA F. Influence of driving style on fuel consumption and emissions in diesel-powered passenger car. Proceedings 18th International Symposium Transport and Air Pollution. Dübendorf 2010.
-  FUĆ, P., SIEDLECKI, M., SOKOLNICKA, B., SZYMLET, N. The influence of the driving style on the exhaust emission from a passenger car with a Euro 5 diesel engine. Journal of Mechanical and Transport Engineering. 2017, 69(4), 5-19.
-  GONDER, J., EARLEYWINE, M., SPARKS, W. Final report on the fuel saving effectiveness of various driver feedback approaches. Report NREL/MP-5400-50836. National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden 2011.
-  HADGU, R. Statistical analysis of driver behaviour and ecodriving model based on CAN bus data. Master thesis report. School of Information Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering, Halmstad University. 2015.
-  LEE, M.L., PARK, Y.K., JUNG, K.K., YOO, J.J. Estimation of fuel consumption using in-vehicle parameters. International journal of u- and e-service, science and technology. 2011, 4(4), 37-46.
-  MERKISZ, J., PIELECHA, J., PIELECHA, I. Influence of behaviour driver on vehicle ecology. Logistyka. 2010, 2, 1911-1920.
-  SAGBERG, F., SELPI, PICCININI, G.F., J. ENGSTRÖM, J. A review of research on driving styles and road safety. Human Factors, The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 2015, 57(7), 1248-1275, DOI:10.1177/0018720815591313
-  TEXA. Promotional materials, www.texa.com.
-  VAITKUS, V., LENGVENIS, P., ZYLIUS, G. Driving style classification using long-term accelerometer information. Proceedings of 19th International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics (MMAR). IEEE, 2014, 641-644. DOI: 10.1109/MMAR.2014.6957429
-  WANG, W., XI, J., CHONG, A., LI, L. Driving style classification using a semi-supervised support vector machine. IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, 2017, 47(5), 1-11. DOI:10.1109/THMS.2017.2736948