Effects of staircase on the seismic behavior of RC moment frame buildings
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Staircase has a potential to change the seismic behavior of structures, but it is often neglected during design. In this research, effects of staircase in 5 groups including 27 models have been studied. Results show that staircase constructed with the use of RC slab, performs as a K-shaped bracing in longitudinal direction and as an inclined shear wall in transverse direction, so in both directions structural stiffness increases, period and lateral displacement of structure decrease, but staircase constructed by means of stringer beam only acts as a bracing in longitudinal direction. Stiffness caused by small span, inclined RC slabs and perimeter infill walls of staircase, based on the staircase location and the number of structural bays could change mode shape and lead to torsion. Along ladder running, staircase leads shear force and bending moment of columns adjacent to the landing to increase, while the internal forces of others to decrease. The majority of adverse effects of the staircases can be prevented by isolating the staircase from master structure. In this case, only the changes in geometry of the structure due to location and dimension of staircase and arrangement of infill walls should be studied.
Bibliogr. 25 poz.
-  Bastami, M., Talaeitaba, B., Salahi, S. (2011). Effects of modeling the staircase on conventional steel structure in the earthquake, 6th National Congress on Civil Engineering, Semnan, Iran, (in Farsi).
-  Bastami, M., Tajmir, H., Pourabedin, A. (2011). Effects of modeling the half-turn stair on reinforced concrete structures, 6th National Congress on Civil Engineering, Semnan, Iran, (in Farsi).
-  Singh, N. S., Choudhury, S. (2012). Effects of staircase on the seismic performance of RCC frame building, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 4.
-  Feng, Y., Wu, X., Xiong, Y., Li, C., Yang, W. (2013). Seismic performance analysis and design suggestion for frame buildings with cast-in-place staircases, Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration, 12, 209-219.
-  Alirezaei, M., Omidi, H., Fallahi, S., Dehghani, M. (2014). Evaluation and comparison of linear and nonlinear analysis of modeling staircase on concrete buildings, 5th National Conference on Earthquake and Structures, Kerman, Iran, (in Farsi).
-  Hoseini, M. H., Jafarnejad, H. (2015). Evaluating the performance of stairs’ elements in reinforced concrete structure during earthquakes, 2th National Conference on Earthquake, Qazvin, Iran, (in Farsi).
-  Bachmann, H. (2003). Seismic Conceptual Design of Buildings - Basic principles for engineers, architects, building owners, and authorities. Office fédéral de l’environnement, SDC.
-  Charleson, A. W. (2008). Seismic Design for Architects Outwitting the Quake, Architectural Press, Oxford, UK.
-  Cao, Z.W., Bian, C., Xu, C. Y. (2014). Analysis of the Interaction between Stair and Frame under Horizontal Earthquake Action Based on ETABS, In 2014 International Conference on Mechanics and Civil Engineering (icmce-14), Atlantis Press.
-  Shelotkar, A. R., Banarase, M. A. (2016). Effect of Staircase on Seismic Performance of Multistoried Frame Structure, International Journal of Innovative and Emerging Research in Engineering, 3, 301-307.
-  Tegos, I. A., Panoskaltsis, V. P., Tegou, S. D. (2013). Analysis and design of staircases against seismic loadings, 4th ECCOMAS thematic conference on computational methods in structural dynamics and earthquake engineering, Kos Island, Greece.
-  Iranian national building code, part 6. (2013). Design loads for buildings. Ministry of roads and urban development Islamic Republic of Iran, Tehran, (in Farsi).
-  Standard No 2800. (2006). Iranian Code of Practice for Seismic Resistant Design of Buildings, 3thEdition, Building and Housing Research Center, Tehran, Iran, (in Farsi).
-  Cosenza, E., Verderame, G. M., Zambrano, A. (2008). Seismic performance of stairs in the existing reinforced concrete building, In 14th world conference on earthquake engineering, Beijing, China, 12-13.
-  Xu, C., Li, T. (2012). The impact of the stairs to the earthquake resistance of reinforced concrete frame structure, In 2nd International Conference on Civil, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering and Information Technology (CEMEIT-2012).
-  Clementi, F., Quagliarini, E., Maracchini, G., Lenci, S. (2015). Post-World War II Italian school buildings: typical and specific seismic vulnerabilities, Journal of Building Engineering, 4, 152-166.
-  Noorifard, A., Tabeshpour, M. R., Saradj, F. M. (2016). Preventing irregularity effects of infills through modifying architectural drawings, Architecture Civil Engineering Environment, 9(2), 77-92.
-  NZSEE (New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering). (2006). Assessment and Improvement of the Structural Performance of Buildings in Earthquakes, Recommendations of a NZSEE Study Group on Earthquake Risk Buildings, Wellington, New Zealand.
-  Standard No 2800. (2015). Iranian Code of Practice for Seismic Resistant Design of Buildings, 4th Edition, Building and Housing Research Center, Tehran, Iran, (in Farsi).
-  AS 1170.4-1993. (1993). Minimum design loads on structures, Part 4: Earthquake loads, Second edition, Published by Standards Australia, Sydney.
-  AS 1170.4-2007. (2007). Australian Standard, Structural design actions, Part 4: Earthquake actions in Australia, Published by Standards Australia, Sydney.
-  NBC 201 (Nepal National Building code). (1994). Mandatory Rules of Thumb Reinforced Concrete Buildings with Masonry Infill, Babar Mahal, Kathmandu, Nepal,Ministry of Physical Planning and Works.
-  ASCE 7-10. (2010). Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures, American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, Virginia, United States.
-  IS 1893 (Indian Standard). (2002). Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures, Part 1: General Provisions and Buildings, Fifth Revision, Bureau of Indian Standard, New Delhi.
-  Specification for Structures to Be Built in Earthquake Areas. (2007). Ministry of Public Works and Settlement, Government of the Republic of Turkey.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2019).