Methods of Iceberg Towing
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Mathematical models of iceberg towing by a ship connected to the iceberg by mooring lines are considered. Governing equations describing the towing and the tension of mooring lines in two different schemes of the towing are formulated. Stability of steady solutions describing the towing with constant speed is studied. Numerical simulations are realized to compare results of the modeling with experimental results of model towing in HSVA ice tank.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys.
-  Eik, K., Marchenko, A., 2010. Model tests of iceberg towing. Cold Regions Science and Technology, 61, pp. 13-28.
-  Hamilton, J.M., 2000. Vibration-based technique for measuring the elastic properties of ropes and the added masses of submerged objects. J. of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. Vol. 17, pp. 688-697.
-  Marchenko, A., Gudoshnikov, Yu., 2005. The Influence of Surface Waves on Rope Tension by Iceberg Towing. Proc. of 18th Int. Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions (POAC’05), Vol. 2, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY, pp.543-553.
-  Marchenko, A., and C., Ulrich, 2008. Iceberg towing: analysis of field experiments and numerical simulations. Proceedings of 19th IAHR International Symposium on Ice “Using New Technology to Understand Water-Ice Interaction”, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 6-11, 2008, Vol.2, 909-923.
-  Marchenko, A.V., 2010. Stability of icebergs towing. Transactions of the Krylov Shipbuilding Research Institute. Marine Ice Technology Issue. 51 (335), 69-82. ISBN 0869-8422. (in Russian)
-  McClintock, J., McKenna, R. and Woodworth-Lynas, C. (2007). Grand Banks Iceberg Management. PERD/CHC Report 20-84, Report prepared by AMEC Earth & Environmental, St. John’s, NL, R.F. McKenna & Associates, Wakefield, QC, and PETRA International Ltd., Cupids, NL., 84 p.
-  Robe, R.Q., 1980. Iceberg drift and deterioration. In: Colbeck, S. (Ed.), Dynamics of Snow and Ice Masses. Academic Press, New York. pp. 211-259.
-  Rudkin, P., Boldrick, C. and Barron Jr., P., 2005. PERD Iceberg Management Database. PERD/CHC Report 20-72, Report prepared by Provincial Aerospace Environmental Services (PAL), St. John’s, NL., 71 p.
-  Voitkunsky J.I., 1988. Resistance to ship motion. Leningrad: Sudostroenie. 287 p. (in Russian)