Single parallel stubs as broadband microwave phase shifters
Treść / Zawartość
Structures and characteristics of wideband small-size phase shifters made with the use of single parallel stubs are presented in this paper. The stubs can be short-circuited or open-circuited on termination. Such devices are well known, but are primarily used as components of filters or matching circuits. The novelty, then, comes from the establishment of simple, but helpful formulae, which enable to describe the insertion phase shift and differential phase shift of a line with short and open stubs connected in parallel. These equations can be very useful for designing complex microwave multi-ports. The results of simulations and measurements of the devices, which were designed and made, are shown herein. It was also proved that the presented device shave several usable operating frequency sub-bands, and that the differential phase shift values in the higher sub-bands are greater than those in the lower operating frequency ranges. Thanks to this, the described phase shifters can be used in more than one frequency sub-band. It was stated that in the conditions under analysis, larger phase shifts can be achieved using open-circuited stubs rather than short-circuited stubs. However, the phase shifters with shorted parallel stubs can operate in a wider frequency band.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., rys., wykr.
-  Mandal, J., Mandal, M.K. (2016). Wideband differential phase shifters using slow-wave microstrip line structure. Proc. of the Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference 2016, 5-9 Dec., New Delhi, India, 1-4.
-  Brown, W.J., Starski, J.P. (1999). A broad-band differential phase shifter of novel design. IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium Digest, 3, 1319-1322.
-  Schiffman, B.M. (1958). A New Class of Broad-Band Microwave 90-Degree Phase Shifters. IRE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 6(2), 232-237.
-  Zhang, Z., Jiao, Y.-C., Cao, S.-F., Wang, X.-M., Zhang, F.-S. (2011). Modified broadband Schiffman phase shifter using dentate microstrip and patterned ground plane. Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, 24, 9-16.
-  Cao, Y., Wang, Z., Fang, S., Liu, Y. (2016). A Miniaturized 90° Schiffman Phase Shifter with Open-Circuited Trans-Directional Coupled Lines. Progress in Electromagnetics Research C, 64, 33-41.
-  Guo, L., Zhu, H., Abbosh, A. (2016). Wideband Phase Shifter With Wide Phase Range Using Parallel Coupled Lines and L-Shaped Networks. IEEE Microwave And Wireless Components Letters, 26(8), 592-594.
-  Wilds, R.B. (1979). Try λ/8 Stubs For Fast Fixed Phase Shifts. Microwaves, 67-68.
-  Zheng, S.Y., Chan, W.S., Man, K.F. (2009). Broadband Parallel Stubs Phase Shifter. Proc. of Microwave Conference, APMC 2009, Asia Pacific, 1368-1371.
-  Białkowski, M., Wang, Y. (2011). Broadband Microstrip Phase Shifters Employing Parallel Subs and Ground Slots. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 53(4), 723-728.
-  Wang, Y., Białkowski, M.E. (2010). UWB Phase Shifter with Parallel Stubs Terminated with Virtual Short and Ground Slots. Proc. of the 40th European Microwave Conference, Paris, France, 1166-1169.
-  Burns, R., Holden, R.L., Tang, R. (1974). Low Cost Design Techniques for Semiconductor Phase Shifters. IEEE Transactions On Microwave Theory And Techniques, 675-688.
-  Koul, S.K., Bhat, B. (1991). Microwave and Millimeter Wave Phase Shifters, Volume II, Semiconductor and Delay Line Phase Shifters. Artech House, Boston, London.
-  Rećko, Cz., Stec, B. (2018). Modification of Microwave Frequency Detector Characteristic With The Use of Phase Shifter. Metrol. Meas. Syst., 25(4), 769-777.
-  Odrobina, Sz., Staszek, K., Wincza, K., Gruszczynski, S. (2018). Wideband Nine-Port Reflectometer. International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications, 64(1), 19-25.
-  Das, A., Das, S.K. (2015). Microwave Engineering, Third Edition. McGraw Education (India) Private Limited, 144-157.
Opracowanie rekordu ze środków MNiSW, umowa Nr 461252 w ramach programu "Społeczna odpowiedzialność nauki" - moduł: Popularyzacja nauki i promocja sportu (2020).