The CFD analysis of influence the start of fuel injection (SOI) on combustion parameters and exhaust gas composition of the marine 4-stroke engine
Treść / Zawartość
The paper presents a theoretical analysis of the impact of injection timing on the parameters of the combustion process and the composition of exhaust gas from a 4-stroke engine designed to shipbuilding. The analysis was carried out based on a three-dimensional multi-zone model of the combustion process. This model has been prepared on the basis of properties of the research facility. The input data to the model were obtained through laboratory tests. Results of calculations showed that the change of the start of injection angle (SOI) from the value of 14 degrees before TDC to 22 degrees before TDC results in changes in the combustion rate and thus an increase in the temperature of the combustion process as well as the increase of nitric oxides fraction in the exhaust gas. Simultaneously the maximum combustion pressure increases also.
Bibliogr. 21 poz., il. kolor., wykr.
-  BUYUKKAYA, E., CERIT, M. Experimental study of NOx emissions and injection timing of a low heat rejection diesel engine. Int. J. Therm. Sci. 2008, 47(8), 1096-1106, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2007.07.009.
-  COLIN, O., BENKEIDA, A. The 3-Zones Extended Coherent Flame Model (ECFM3Z) for computing premixed/diffusion combustion. Oil & Gas Science and Technology. 2001, 59-60, 593-609, DOI: 10.2516/ogst.2004043.
-  DAMODHARAN, D., SATHIYAGNANAM, A., RANA, P., et al. Combined influence of injection timing and EGR on combustion, performance and emissions of DI diesel engine fueled with neat waste plastic oil. Energy Convers. Manag. 2018, 161, 294-305, DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman. 2018.01.045.
-  DEEP, A., SANDHU, S.S., CHANDER, S. Experimental investigations on the influence of fuel injection timing and pressure on single cylinder C.I. engine fueled with 20% blend of castor biodiesel in diesel. Fuel. 2017, 210, 15-22, DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2017.08.023.
-  DUKOWICZ, J.K. Quasi-steady droplet change in the presence of convection. Informal Report Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory. LA7997-MS, 1979.
-  FUSHUI, L., LEI, Z., BAIGANG, S. et al. Validation and modification of WAVE spray model for diesel combustion simulation. Fuel. 2008, 87(15-16), 3420-3427, DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2008.05.001.
-  HIRKUDE, J., BELOKAR, V., RANDHIR, J. Effect of compression ratio, injection pressure and injection timing on performance and smoke emissions of ci engine fuelled with waste fried oil methyl esters-diesel blend. Mater. Today Proc. 2018, 5(1), 1563-1570, DOI: 10.1016/j.matpr.2017. 11.247.
-  HOW, H.G., MASJUKI, H.H., KALAM, M.A. et al. Influence of injection timing and split injection strategies on performance, emissions, and combustion characteristics of diesel engine fueled with biodiesel blended fuels. Fuel. 2018, 213, 106-114, DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2017.10.102.
-  JIAQIANG, E. Effects of injection timing and injection pressure on performance and exhaust emissions of a common rail diesel engine fueled by various concentrations of fish-oil biodiesel blends. Energy. 2018, 149, 979-989, DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2018.02.053.
-  KASHYAP CHOWDARY, P., GANJI, P.R., SENTHIL KUMAR, M. et al. Numerical analysis of C.I engine to control emissions using exhaust gas recirculation and advanced start of injection. Alexandria Eng. J. 2016, 55(2), 1881- 1891, DOI: 10.1016/j.aej.2016.03.008.
-  KIM, H.J., PARK, S.H., LEE, C.S. Impact of fuel spray angles and injection timing on the combustion and emission characteristics of a high-speed diesel engine. Energy. 2016, 107, 572-579, DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2016.04.035.
-  KOOK, S., PARK, S., BAE, C. Influence of early fuel injection timings on premixing and combustion in a diesel engine. Energy and Fuels. 2008, 22(1), 331-337, DOI: 10.1021/ef700521b.
-  KOWALSKI, J. The influence of the fuel spray nozzle geometry on the exhaust gas composition from the marine 4-stroke diesel engine. Combustion Engines. 2018, 172(1), 59-63, DOI: 10.19206/ce-2018-107.
-  KOWALSKI, J. The model of combustion process in the marine 4-stroke engine for exhaust gas composition assessment. Combustion Engines. 2016, 165(2), 60-69, DOI: 10.19206/CE-2016-208.
-  MA, Z., HUANG, Z., LI, C. Effects of fuel injection timing on combustion and emission characteristics of a diesel engine fueled with diesel−propane blends. Energy & Fuels. 2007, 21(3), 1504-1510, DOI: 10.1021/ef060574a.
-  RAKOPOULOS, C.D., RAKOPOULOS, D.C., MAVROPOULOS, G.C. et al. Investigating the EGR rate and temperature impact on diesel engine combustion and emissions under various injection timings and loads by comprehensive two-zone modeling. Energy. 2018, 157, 990-1014, DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2018.05.178.
-  SAYIN, C., GUMUS, M., CANAKCI, M. Effect of fuel injection timing on the emissions of a direct-injection (DI) Diesel engine fueled with canola oil methyl ester−diesel fuel blends. Energy & Fuels. 2010, 24(4), 2675-2682, DOI: 10.1021/ef901451n.
-  SZYMKOWICZ, P., BENAJES, J. Single-cylinder engine evaluation of multi-component diesel surrogate fuel at a part-load operating condition with conventional combustion. Fuel. 2018, 226, 286-297, DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2018.03.157.
-  TAMILSELVAN, R., RAMESHBABU, R., THIRUNAVUKKARASU, R. et al. Effect of fuel injection timing on performance and emission characteristics of ceiba pentandra biodiesel. Mater. Today Proc. 2018, 5(2), 6770-6779,
-  WAKISAKA, T. Numerical prediction of mixture formation and combustion processes in premixed compression ignition engines. COMODIA. 2001, 426.
-  YOUSEFI, A., BIROUK, M., GUO, H. An experimental and numerical study of the effect of diesel injection timing on natural gas/diesel dual-fuel combustion at low load. Fuel. 2017, 203, 642-657, DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2017.05.009.