Relationships Between Two Definitions of Fading Memory for Discrete-Time Systems
Treść / Zawartość
In this paper, we refer to two definitions of fading memory property, which were published in the literature, for discrete-time circuits and systems. One of these definitions relates to systems working with signals (sequences) defined for both the positive and negative integers, expanding from minus infinity to plus infinity. On the other hand, the second one refers to systems processing sequences defined only for nonnegative integers, that is starting at the discrete-time point equal to zero and expanding to plus infinity. We show here that the second definition follows from the first one. That is they are not independent. Moreover, we also show that if an operator describing a system possesses a fading memory according to the second definition, then its associated operator has this property, too, but in accordance with the first definition.
Bibliogr. 8 poz.
Bibliogr. 8 poz.
-  J. J. Bussgang, L. Ehrman, and J. W. Graham, “Analysis of nonlinear systems with multiple inputs,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 62, pp. 1088-1119, 1974.
-  S. Boyd and L. O. Chua, “Fading memory and the problem of approximating nonlinear operators with Volterra series,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems, vol. CAS-32, pp. 1150-1161, Nov. 1985.
-  I. W. Sandberg, “The mathematical foundations of associated expansions for mildly nonlinear systems,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems, vol. CAS-30, pp. 441-455, July 1983.
-  I. W. Sandberg, “Approximately-finite memory and input-output maps,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems - I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, vol. CAS-39, pp. 549-556, July 1992.
-  A. Borys, Nonlinear Aspects of Telecommunications: Discrete Volterra Series and Nonlinear Echo Cancellation, Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press, 2000.
-  M. Matthews, “An adaptive nonlinear filter structure,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Circuits and Systems, vol. CAS-32, pp. 694-697, June 1991.
-  J. Park and I. W. Sandberg, “Criteria for the approximation of nonlinear systems,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems - I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, vol. CAS-39, pp. 673-676, August 1992.
-  A. Borys, “On fading memory and asymptotic properties of steady state solutions for digital systems,” Int. Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, vol. 24, pp. 593-596, 1996.