A Methodological Framework for Evaluating Maritime Simulation
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
The application of simulation courses according to STCW conversion is addressed to the edu-cation of marine deck and engine officers in order to familiarize with the working environment, emergency contingency training and trouble shooting. This paper presents a framework which evaluates the participants in the courses of simulator, according to their concerns and their level of use. Actually this framework is an innovative concept which tries to identify how the contributors think and work in this virtual environment. The results from the application of this framework are presented in this paper, based on student’s concerns, reactions and level of use with respect to the exercise and efficiency of simulation training courses taken place at the Merchant Marine Academy of Engine Officers on Chios Island. The main goal of our research is to promote a general framework which can be easily applied in any marine simulation curses and will be very useful to the instructor for reorganizing, redesigning and finally configurating the Simulation Courses accord-ing to their participant.
Bibliogr. 12 poz., rys., tab.
-  Wickens C.D., Kramer A. (1985). Engineering Psychology. Annual Review of Psychology. Vol. 36: 307-348.
-  Newhouse C.P. (2001). Applying the Concerns-based Adoption Model to research on computers in classrooms. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 33(5).
-  George A.A., Hall G.E., Stiegelbauer S.M. (2006). Measuring Implementation in schools: The Stage of Concern Questionnaire. Austin, Texas, SEDL.
-  Hall G.E., Dirksen D.J., George A.A. (2006). Measuring Implementation in scholls: Level of Use. Austin, Texas: SEDL.
-  Willis J. (1992). Technology diffusion in the soft disciplines: Using Social Technology to support information technology. Texas.
-  McKinnon D.H., Nolan P.C.J. (1989). Using computers in education: A concerns based approach to professional development for teacher. Australian Journal of Education Technology, No. 5, May.
-  Petruzella F.D. (1995). Industrial Electronics. McGraw-Hill.
-  Anderson S.E. (1997). Understanding Teacher Change: Revisiting The Concerns Based Adoption Model. Curriculum Inquiry, 27(3), 331-367.
-  Hord S.M., Stiegelbauer S.M., Hall G.E., George A.A. (2006). Measuring Implementation in scools: Innoviation Configurations. Austin, Texas: SEDL.
-  STCW Convention Resolutions of the 1995 conference. (1996). International Maritime Organization, London.
-  Avouris N., K. C. Issues Evaluation of Images collaborative environment. Wesley Publications
-  Kokotos D.H. (2007). Virtual environments. Stamoulis Publications, Athens.