Signaling optimization techniques to reduce jitter and crosstalk susceptibility
Treść / Zawartość
In this paper the optimization methods to reduce undesirable effects in time-domain pre-emphasis techniques are described. In the first case the application of data-dependent method for pulse-width modulated (PWM) pre-emphasis to reduce additional jitter at output data stream is shown. Consequently, new signaling scheme based on using of raised cosine approximation to crosstalk reduction is proposed and analyzed. The time-domain pre-distortion method provides an alternative to FIR (finite impulse response) pre-emphasis with advantages in the light of developments in modern CMOS scaling. The PWM pre-emphasis method is able to compensate higher channel losses than the conventional FIR method. However additional high-frequency noise which is typical for strong amount of PWM pre-emphasis can caused system crosstalk susceptibility. Our research is primary focused on optimization of the conventional PWM scheme to reduce harmonic high frequency component. It can be solution for system where near-end crosstalk is problem. Finally, simulation results in MathCAD and Agilent ADS environment are shown.
Bibliogr. 20 poz.
-  F. E. Gardiol, Lossy Transmission Lines. Norwood MA: Artech House, 1987.
-  Brian C. Wadell, Transmission Line Design Handbook. Norwood, MA: Artech House, 1991.
-  K. Sanjay, J. Winlcrs, J, "Techniques for high-speed implementation of nonlinear cancellation." IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, June 1991, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 711-717.
-  S.H. Hall, H. Heck, Advanced Signal integrity for High-Speed Digital Design , John Willey & Sons. New Yersey, 2009.
-  Yuminaka. Y., Yamamura, K. Equalration Techniques for Multiple-Valued Data Transmission and Their Application. IEEE Proc. S7lh International Symposium on Multiple-Valued Logic, 2007, Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany, pp. 26 - 29.
-  S. C. Thireauf,. High-Speed Circuit Board Signal Integrity. Arteeh House, Inc. London, 2004.
-  T B. Wendemagegnehu, M Aleksic, "A Study of Optimal Data Rates of High-Speed Channels," DcsignCon 2011, Santa Clara, California, USA, 2011.
-  H. Hatamkhani, C. Yang, "A study of the optimal data rate for minimumpower of I/Os," IF.EE Trans. on CAS-1I, Vol. 3, no. 11, Nov. 2006.
-  J.-R. Schrader, E. A. M. Klumpcrink, J. L. Visschers, and B Nauta," Pulse-width modulation pre-emphasis applied in a wire line transmitter,achieving 33 dB loss compensation at 5-Gb/s in 0.13-fim CMOS." IEEE J. Solid-Statc Circuits, vol. 41, no. 4, 2006, pp. 990-999
-  J. H. R. Schrader, "Wircline Equalization using Pulse-Width Modulation," Ph. D. Thesis, 2007, Netherlands.
-  Y. Yuminaka, K. Henmi, Data-Dependent Time Domain Pre-emphasis Techniques for High-Speed Data Transmission. "International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT) ", Tokio, Japan, 2010, pp. 1103-1107.
-  J. H. R. Schrader, "Wireline Equalization using Pulse-Width Modulation", Ph. D. Thesis, 2007, Netherlands.
-  ]. Schradcr, E. Klumpennk and B. Nauta,. Wircline Equalization Using Pulse-Width Modulation. In Proceedings of 2006 Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Diego, California, 2006, pp. 591-598
-  J. Stonick, J. T., Wei, G. Y., Sonntag, J L., and Weinladcr, D. K.. An Adaptive PAM-4 5-Gb/s Backplane Transceiver in 0.25 um CMOS. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, March 2003, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 436-443.
-  J. Ulrych, "Problematika integrity signalu vc smiScnych elektronickych systcmceh". Brno: Vysoke uceni tcchnice v Brnae, Fakulta elektrotechniky a komunikacnich technologii, 2007. 71 s. Vedouci diplomove prace doc. Ing. Lubomir Brancik, CSc.
-  B. Sevcik, L. Brancik, Signal Integrity Problems in the Design of High-Specd Serial Comunication Device. In 33rd International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal- 2010, 2010, Baden near Vienna, Austria, pp. 426-431.
-  B. Sevcik, L. Brancik, M. Kubicek, "Analysis of Pre-Emphasis Techniques for Channels with Higher-Order Transfer Function" International Journal of Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 5, 2011, pp. 433-M4.
-  B. Sevcik, L. Brancik. "Comparative Study of Transmitter Pre-Emphasis Methods for More Complex Channel Transfer Function". In Proceedings of Electronic Devices and Systems EDS11 IMAPS CS international Conference 2011, Brno, 2011.
-  B. Sevcik., L Brancik, "Application of Pulse-Width Modulated Pre-Emphasis in Closely-Spaced Transmission Lines with Additional Discontinuities". In Proceedings of International Conference on Computer as a Tool Euroeon 2011, Lisboa, Portugal, 2011, pp. 110-114.
-  B. Sevcik., L. Brancik, "Adaptive Time-Domain Pre-Emphasis Techniques for High-Dpeed VLSI Systems". In Proceedings of 21st International Conference Radioelektronika 2011, Brno, Czech Republic, 2011, pp.315-318.