Reliability of light-stimulated photoluminescence (PSL) in detection of irradiated food comparison with thermoluminescence method (TL)
Treść / Zawartość
Proceedings of the 14th National Scientific Meeting of the Polish Radiation Society 24-26 Septemebr 2007, Kielce, Poland
The detection of irradiation of several classes of food products with the use of thermoluminescence (TL) and photostimulated luminescence (PPSL) has been proceeded. The comparison of the results obtained by both methods has been done and reliability of the PPSL method as compared with the TL method evaluated. Conclusion concerning the usefulness of such evaluation to the practice has been drawn.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys.
- 1. EN 1788 (1996) Foodstuffs – therm oluminescence detection of irradiated food from which silicate minerals can be isolated. CEN/TC 275/WG. Technical European Com mittee for Standardization, Brussels
- 2. Guzik GP, Stachowicz W (2005) Photostimulated luminescence, fast method of detection of irradiated foodstuffs. Raporty IChTJ. Seria B no. 3/2005. INCT, Warszawa 2005 (in Polish)
- 3. PN-EN 1788 (2001) Foodstuffs – therm oluminescence detection of irradiated food from which silicate minerals can be isolated. European Com mittee for Standardization, Brussels
- 4. PN-EN 13751 (2002) (U) Foodstuffs – detection of irradiated food using photostimulated luminescence. European Com mittee for Standardization, Brussels
- 5. Sanderson DCW, Carmichael LA, Fisk S (1998) Establishing luminescence methods to detect irra diated foods.Food Sci Technol Today 12;2:97–102
- 6. Sanderson DCW, Carmichael LA, Naylor JD (1995) Photostimulated luminescence and thermolumin escence techniques for the detection of irradiated food. Food Sci Technol Today 9;3:150–154
- 7. Sanderson DCW, Carmichael LA, Naylor JD (1996) Recent advances in thermoluminescence and photostimulated luminescence detection methods for irradiated foods. In: Detection methods for irradiated foods – current status. Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, pp 124–138
- 8. Sanderson DCW, Slater C, Cairns KJ (1989) Thermoluminescence of foods: origins and implications for detecting irradiation. Radiat Phys Chem 34:915–924
- 9. Soika Ch, Delincée H (2000) Luminescence measurements for identifying irradiated spices and herbs. Lebensmittels − Wissenschaft und Technologie (Food Science and Technology) 33:440–443