Pressure and velocity distribution in slide journal bearing gap by laminar unsteady lubrication
Treść / Zawartość
This paper shows results of numerical solutions an modified Reynolds equations for laminar unsteady oil flow in slide Journal bearing gap. Laminar unsteady oil flow is performed during periodic and a periodic perturbations of bearing load or is caused by the changes of gap height in time. Above perturbations occur mostly during the starting and stopping of machine. During modelling crossbar bearing operations in combustion engines, bearing movement perturbations from engine vertical vibrations causes velocity flow perturbations of lubricating oil on the bearing race and on the bearing slider in the circumferential direction. This solution example applies to isothermal bearing model with infinity length. Lubricating oil used in this model has Newtonian properties and constant dynamic viscosity. Perturbations connected with unsteady lubricating oil velocity in the circumferential direction on the slide bearing and on the slider of bearing were taken into consideration. Results are presented in the dimensionless hydrodynamic pressure and velocity distribution diagrams. Received solutions were compared with the solution received by the stationary lubrication flow in the slide Journal bearing, which were made with the same parameter assumption by constant dynamic oil viscosity. Isothermal bearing model is similar to friction node model by steady-state heat load conditions.
Bibliogr. 5 poz., rys.
-  Krasowski, P., Modelling of laminar unsteady and unsymetrical oil flow in slide journal bearing gap, Tribologia 5/2002, pp. 1425-1436.
-  Krasowski, P., Pressure and capacity forces in slide journal plane bearing by laminar unsteady lubrication, Journal of Polish CIMAC, Diagnosis, Reliability And Safety, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 91-98, Gdansk 2008.
-  Teipel, I., Waterstraat, A., The Reynolds equation for lubrication under unsteady conditions. Proceedings The IX Canadian Congress of Applied Mechanics, University of Saskatchewan, pp. 497-502, 1983.
-  Wierzcholski, K., Mathematical methods in hydrodynamic theory of lubrication, Technical University Press, Szczecin 1995.
-  Wierzcholski, K., Teoria niekonwencjonalnego smarowania łożysk ślizgowych, Technical University Press, Szczecin 1995.