Research of engine pistons form point of view of thermal shocks
Treść / Zawartość
Experimental test results of thermal shocks for heavy duty pistons of combustion engines are presented in the paper. The range and the level of thermal loads were diverse and dependent from working engine conditions as well as the temperature ranges were adapted for real conditions in which pistons of the combustion engine work. temperature measurement results on crown and skirt of a piston during an engine operating under different conditions are presented in the paper. Measured temperature differences during engine operating were greatest in areas, where appeared greatest piston temperatures. Researches of thermal shocks were realized on the special testing device. The device this is automatic, controlled a computer, makes possible the realization of the cycle of research of thermal shocks in the necessary range of the temperature. Test results showed that in following cycles of thermal shocks took place stable changes ofdimensions ofthe piston too. Mainfactors effecting on the resistance of piston materials on thermal shocks are presented in the paper, at this essential parameters influent on the resistance of materials on thermal shocks are coefficients of thermal expansion and Young's modules. In particular thermal shock resistance of the different piston alloys, dependence of dimensional thermal tensions versus the undimensional heat flux, Basic parameters of the composite material AK12 +20%Al2O3 and standard, values of heat conductivity coefficient the and temperature on the composite piston surface, values of stresses due with the temperature field in piston, values strains in the composite piston due the temperature field, the example of the influence of the number of thermal shocks on the deformation of the piston sample are presented in the paper.
Bibliogr. 12 poz., rys.
-  Choudhary, B. K., Roedig, M., Mannan, S. L., Influence of Temperature and Environment on Creep Crack Growth Behaviour of Alloy 800, Trans. Indian Inst. Met., 49, pp. 573-580, 1996.
-  Clyne, T. W., Withers, P. J., An introduction to Metal Matrix Composites, Cambridge Solid State Science Series, Cambridge University Press 1995.
-  Jhung, M. J., Park, Y. W., Deterministic Structural and Fracture Mechanics Analyses of Reactor Pressure Vessel for Pressurized Thermal Shock, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 8, No. l, 1999.
-  Moriyoshi, Y., Yamada, T., Izumi, Y., Clarification of the Effect of Negative Temperature Coefficient on SI Engine Knock by Measuring Local Gas Temperature Using Two-Wire Thermocouple, FISITA2006 Proc. F2006P053, Yokohama Japan 2006.
-  Righes, G., Garro, A., Calderale, P. M., Interdisciplinary Structural and tribological Analysis in High Performance Engines: The case of Con Rod-Piston System, The Second World Tribology Congress, Vienna, Austria, 2002.
-  Sherry, A., Richardson, T., Sillitoe, R., Trusty, F., Analysis of Benchmark PTS Problem: Comparison of R6 and 3D-Finite Element Results, ASME Pressure Vessel and Piping Conference, Boston 1999.
-  Tamagna, D., Musu, E., Gentili, R., A Preliminary Study Towards an Innovative Diesel HCCI Combustion, ASME Paper No. ICEF2007-1743, 2007.
-  Tinaut, F., Melgar, A., Fernandez, L., Illarramendi, I., Landa, J., A Study of Piston Slap by Analysing Cylinder Wall Acceleration, F2004F428 FISITA, Barcelona 2004.
-  Tomanik, E., Chacon, H., Texeira, G., A simple numerical procedure to calculate the input data of Greenwood-Williamson model of asperity contact for actual engineering surfaces. Tribology Research. D. Dowson and al (Editors), Elsevier, 2003.
-  Yamada, T., Kobayashi, H., Kusama, K., Sagawa, J., Development of a Technique to Predict Oil Consumption with Consideration for Cylinder Deformation - Prediction of Ring Oil Film Thickness and Amount of Oil Passing Across Running Surface under Cylinder Deformation, SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0982, 2003.
-  Yan, S., Siqin, C., Testing of Internal Combustion-Linear Generator Integrated Power System, FISITA2010 Proc. F2010-C-048, 2010.
-  Zhao, F., Asmus, T. W., Assanis, D. N., Dec, J. E., Eng, J. A., Najt, P. M., Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition (HCCI) Engines – Key Research and Development Issues, 2003 SAE International, 2003.