Simulation of the work of a spark-ignition engine with a dual-injector fuel system
Treść / Zawartość
This paper is about computer modelling of a four-stroke spark-ignition engine with a dual-injector system. Using a KIVA-3V program for Linux, computer simulations were performed for one of the cylinders fuelled by multipoint injection and by the dual-injector system, i. e. with direct injection into the cylinders on top of MPI. The modelling was done for a combustion engine Toyota 2SZ-FE with a dual-injector system. Both simulations were done for the same parameters of engine's work, i.e. at the same RPM of 2000 and the intake pipe pressure of 0.079 MPa. KIVA-3V program models the processes taking place in an internat combustion engine while taking into account physical and chemical phenomena occurring during the formation of a charge and during its combustion. Using a stochastic model of injection the program takes into account the movement of droplets and their dispersion. The results of the simulation show that the dual-injector system has an improved volumetric coefficient, i.e. improved engine performance. An increase in the engine's indicated pressure was also observed; this increases the engine's total efficiency. The intensification of the charge's angular momentum in a cylinder with a dual-injector system can explain the improvements in the course of combustion process. Because the air-fuel mixture was already partially formed in the engine there was a small increase in the unburned hydrocarbons in the cylinder. However, a marked drop in the carbon monoxide and nitric oxide were observed for the dual-injector system. Analyzing the overall results of the simulations one can ascertain a positive impact of using a dual-injector system on the working parameters of a spark-ignition engine.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys.
-  Amdsen, A., KIVA-3: A KIVA Program with Block-Structured Mesh for Complex Geometries, LA-1 2503-MS, UC-361, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos 1993.
-  Amdsen, A., KIVA-3V, Release 2, Improvements to KIVA- 3V, LA-13608-MS, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos 1999.
-  Amsden, A., O’ Rourke, P. J., Butler, T. D., KIVA-II, A computer program for chemically reactive flows with sprays, Los Alamos National Laboratory LA-11560-MS, Los Alamos 1989.
-  Kowalewicz, A., Wybrane zagadnienia samochodowych silników spalinowych, Wydanie 2, poprawione i uzupełnione, Wydawnictwo Politechniki Radomskiej, Radom 2002.
-  Mitianiec, W., Wtrysk paliwa w silnikach dwusuwowych małej mocy, Wydawnictwo Instytutu Gospodarki Surowcami Mineralnymi i Energią. Polska Akademia Nauk, Kraków 1999.
-  Sendyka, B., Noga, M., Determination of optimal fuel mass relation dosed by a dual-injector fuel system in a spark ignition engine, Silniki Spalinowe 2009-SC2, PTNSS–2009–SC–123, PTNSS, Bielsko-Biała 2009.
-  Spalding, D. B., The Combustion of Liquid Fuels, 4th Symposium of Combustion, William & Wilkins, 1953.
-  Tsuji, N., Sugiyama, M., Abe, S., Der neue 3.5L V6 Benzinmotor mit dem innovativen stöchiometrischen Direkteinspritzsystem D-4S, 27. Internationales Wiener Motorensymposium, Austria 2006.
-  Yamaguchi, J. K., Lexus gives V6 dual injection. 2006 Engine Special Report, Automotive Engineering International January 2006, pp. 17 – 20, SAE International, Warrendale 2006.