Effects of using a dual-injector fuel system on a process of combustion in a spark-ignition engine
Treść / Zawartość
This paper analyzes aprocess of combustion in a spark-ignition engine. The aim of the analysis was to determine the differences in the combustion process between the engine with a classic multipoint injection system and a system which injects fuel directly to the cylinders as well. To aid in the analysis the measurements of the high variable pressure in the engine's cylinder against the crankshaft angle were taken. This allowed us to obtain indicated diagrams for both types of engines. To eliminate distortions, both functions were approximated using combined functions. The other basic parameters were also measured: torque, RPM and instantaneous fuel consumption. The analysis of the indicated diagrams yielded an indicated mean pressure and thermal efficiency for both fuel systems. Then, a comprehensive analysis ofpressures in cylinders was performed in order to determine the way the flame spreads in the cylinder for the two types of engines. The results obtained from this analysis show that the speed of combustion is greater for the charge formed by the dual-injector fuel system. The increased speed of the combustion, especially when it reaches a 50% fraction of the exhaust gas in the cylinder, is what accounts for the increase in the indicated mean pressure and the increase in the thermal efficiency of the engine with a dual-injector fuel system. The time of the spreading of the flame, as well as the fast burn period were reduced. The increased efficiency of the combustion process in the cylinder me ans that the heat losses through the cylinder sleeve are greatly reduced. The results of the research in this paper confirm the purposefulness of using a dual-injector fuel system in a spark-ignition engine.
Bibliogr. 7 poz., rys.
-  Ambrozik, A., Ambrozik, T., Łagowski, P., Aproksymacja rzeczywistego wykresu indykatorowego funkcjami sklejanymi, XV Ogólnopolskie Sympozjum Naukowe Motoryzacyjne Problemy Ochrony Środowiska, 2007.
-  Basshuysen, R. van, Gasoline Engine with Direct Injection, Vieveg & Teubner Verlag, Wiesbaden Germany 2009.
-  Eriksson, L., Andersson, I., An Analytic Model for Cylinder Pressure in a Four Stroke SI Engine, Proceedings of SAE 2002 World Congress, SAE Paper 2002-01-0371, Detroit 2002.
-  Lee, Y., Pae, S., Min, K., Kim, E., Prediction of knock onset and the autoignition site in spark ignition engines, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 214, No. 7, Professional Engineering Publishing, London 2000.
-  Rychter, T., Teodorczyk, A., Teoria silników tłokowych , Wydawnictwa Komunikacji i Łączności, Warsaw 2006.
-  Saeki, T., Tsuchiya, T., Iwashi, K., Abe, S., Development of V6 3.5-Liter 2GR-FSE Engine, Toyota Technical Review, Toyota Motor Corporation, Vol. 55, No. 222, pp. 92-97, Japan 2007.
-  Sendyka, B., Noga, M., Determination of optimal fuel mass relation dosed by a dual-injector fuel system in a spark ignition engine, Silniki Spalinowe 2009-SC2, PTNSS–2009–SC–123, PTNSS, Bielsko- Biała 2009.