An impact of using a dual-injection system on a combustion engine's working parameters
Treść / Zawartość
The paper analyses the impact of using a dual-injection system on the engine's working parameters. The analysis is based on the results of the test stand research on a four-stroke four-cylinder, spark-ignition engine. Dual-injection system combines the multipoint injection with additional injection directly into the combustion chamber. It is used to increase the performance of an engine without affecting the fuel consumption or the low toxicity of exhaust gas. For the purposes of this research an engine from Toyota Yaris was fitted with the direct injection by installing high pressure injectors on the cylinder head. This engine is factory-equipped with MPL Based on the tests performed four controlling characteristics of the torque and brake specific fuel consumption were prepared. The controlling value was the proportion of the fuel injected into the inlet channel to the fuel injected directly into the combustion chamber. The same relationships were also described in relation to temperature of the exhaust gas and the fraction in volume in the exhaust gas of ingredients such as carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, unburned hydrocarbons and nitric oxide. Points of measurement were decided upon basedon the existing literature on the subject. The analysis of the test results shows apossibility ofa 2-4% decrease in the brake specific fuel consumption for the dual-injection engine in the low and middle RPM range and for the partial loads. The dual-injection engine also shows a decrease in the nitric oxide's fraction in the exhaust gas and a lower temperature of the exhaust gas. There was a small increase in the carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons.
Bibliogr. 5 poz., rys.
- Postrzednik, S., Żmudka, Z., Termodynamiczne oraz ekologiczne uwarunkowania eksploatacji tłokowych silników spalinowych, Wydawnictwo Politechniki Śląkiej, Gliwice 2007.
-  Saeki, T., Tsuchiya, T., Iwashi, K., Abe, S., Development of V6 3.5-Liter 2GR-FSE Engine, Toyota Technical Review, Vol. 55, No. 222, pp. 92-97, Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan 2007.
-  Sendyka, B., Noga, M., Determination of optimal fuel mass relation dosed by a dual-injector fuel system in a spark ignition engine, Silniki Spalinowe 2009-SC2, PTNSS–2009–SC–123, PTNSS, Bielsko-Biała 2009.
-  Tsuji, N., Sugiyama, M., Abe, S., Der neue 3.5L V6 Benzinmotor mit dem innovativen stöchiometrischen Direkteinspritzsystem D-4S, 27. Internationales Wiener Motorensymposium, Austria 2006.
-  Yamaguchi, J. K., Lexus gives V6 dual injection. 2006 Engine Special Report, Automotive Engineering International, SAE International, pp. 17-20, Warrendale USA 2006.