On the modelling of penetration/perforation problems
Treść / Zawartość
The aim of this paper was to present the main aspects of the numerical modelling within the scope of penetration/perforation problems. The most important stages of the computer model development were discussed in detail. They include the study of the hypervelocity impact physics, selection of the numerical solution method, problem discretization in time (time step) and space (mesh/grid), constitutive models consideration, Initial Boundary Conditions (IBC) and finally choice of the results form for analysis and discussion. The Computer simulations were performed with the Element Free Galerkin Method (EFG) implemented in LS-DYNA code. An impact of the 12. 7x108 mm B32 armour piercing projectile on the selected targets was analyzed. Full SD models of the projectile and targets were developed with strain rate and temperature dependent material constitutive relations. The models of the projectile, ceramic and aluminium alloy targets were validated with utilization of the experimental infield tests and data found in literature. The obtained results confirm that EFG method can be considered for numerical solving of the penetration/perforation problems. The errors in Depth of Penetration have not exceeded 20% as compared numerical and experimental results. The conclusions presented in this paper can be applied to develop modern impact protection panels where the appropriate balance between the mass and protection level must be accomplished.
Bibliogr. 10 poz., rys.
-  Belytschko, T., Lu, Y. Y., Gu., L., Element free Galerkin methods, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, pp. 229-256, 1994.
-  Hallquist, J. O., LS-DYNA Theory Manual, Livermore Software Technology Corporation (LSTC), March 2006.
-  Holmquist, T. J., Templeton, D. W., Bishnoi, K. D., Constitutive modeling of aluminium nitride for large strain, high-strain rate, and high –pressure applications, International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 25, pp. 211-231, Minneapolis 2001.
-  Jaśkowiec, J., Integracja metody elementów skończonych z bezelementową metodą Galerkina, Proceedings of the XIII Scientific conference on numerical methods, Korbielów 2001
-  Kambur, C., Assessment of Mesh-free Methods in LS-DYNA: Modeling of Barriers in Crash Simulation, Master of Science Thesis, Institute for Structural Mechanics, Stuttgart 2004.
-  Lee, M., Yoo, Y. H., Analysis of ceramic/metal armour systems, International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 25, pp. 819-829, Seoul 2001.
-  LS-DYNA Keyword User’s Manual, Version 971, Livermore Software Technology Corporation (LSTC), May 2007.
-  Madhua, V., Ramanjaneyulua, K., Bhata, T. B., Gupta, N. K., An experimental study of penetration resistance of ceramic armour subjected to projectile impact, International Journal of Impact Engineering 32, pp. 337-350, 2005.
-  Park, M., Yoo, J., Chung, D. T., An optimization of a multi-layered plate under ballistic impact, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 42, pp. 123-137, Seoul 2004.
-  Wiśniewski, A., Pancerze budowa, projektowanie i badanie, Wydawnictwo Naukowo- Techniczne, Warszawa 2001.