Blade-type piston compressor investigation of seals
Treść / Zawartość
The paper presents the test results of selected seals applied in the blade-type piston compressor designed and realized in Propulsion Department of Institute of Aviation according to Patent No 6822 specification. Principle of operation of the compressor and the construction of test stand utilized to the seals testing were presented in the paper published in the Journal of KONES 2009. The special blade-type piston realizes a pendulous movement in the circular cylinder divided into two bulkheads. Each of bulkheads, fitted out with a set of bidirectional operating valves, creates by sequential opening and closing of them two compression chambers for one blade. Comprehensive tests of different kinds of seals were carried out on a single-compression machine driven by pneumatic actuator. The pressure rise vs. blade movement and drop of pressure when the piston was stayed at top dead centre were measured. The results of leak tightness of other structures of blade-type piston were analyzed as well and are subject to the following paper. The new design of piston relied on fitting-out of piston with side disc was prepared with intention of eliminating the loss of usable pressure in compression chamber, especially in area of top dead centre. The proposed design eliminated the leaks on the drive shaft and lateral seals, but not on the cylindrical surface of disco.
Bibliogr. 5 poz., rys.
-  Chlumsky, V., Sprężarki tłokowe, PWT, 1961.
-  Fosthoffer, W., Compressors, Elsevier, 2005.
-  Cyklis, P., Model matematyczny sprężarki tłokowej wyposażonej w samoczynne zawory płytkowe, materiały XIV Zjazdu Termodynamików, Wydawnictwo AGH, pp. 98-105, Kraków 1990.
-  Shimada, K., Phenomenon of Labyrinth Seal with Low Static Pressure Difference and Large Clearance (Prediction of Performance and Experimental Result), Journal of Visualization, IOS Press, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2003.
-  Kalina, P., Chomczyk, W., Irzycki, A., Snopkiewicz, K., Blade piston compressor, Journal of KONES Powertrain and Transport 2009, Vol. 16, No. 3, Warsaw 2009.