Statistical analysis of experimental results in the in-plane shear test for a cross-ply vinylester-carbon laminate
Treść / Zawartość
The study presents experimental studies on a regular cross-ply laminate of a [(0/90) F]4S configuration. Each layer is made of VE 11-M vinylester resin (the manufacturer: "Organika-Sarzyna" Chemical Plants) reinforced with aplain carbon fabric (the manufacturer: C. Cramer GmbH & Co. KG Division E CC). The carbon fabric has the following parameters: Styles 430, filament Carbon 6K, substance 300 g/m , warp and weft 400/400 tex, 3.7/3.7 band/cm. Laminate was produced by ROMA private enterprise using the vacuum molding technology and technological parameters developed by ROMA taking into account the VE l J-M material specification. A program of the experimental studies was aimed on statistical analysis of measurement results of the in-plane shear modulus and the in-plane shear strength of the laminate. In investigations, the in-plane shear test was carried out in accordance to the PN-EN ISO 14129:1997 standard , but applying the modified procedure that takes into consideration the results of the previous research on the influence of a traverse velocity and of a number of stress cycles on static measurements of the in-plane shear modulus . The mean value, the standard deviation and the two-sided 95 percent confidence interval for the mean value for the investigated quantities have been determined. Practical usefulness ofthe manufacture technology of the laminate was assessed.
Bibliogr. 10 poz., rys.
-  PN-ISO 14129:2000, Material composites reinforced with a fibre. Determination of the shear stress and the respective strain, shear modulus and shear strength in the in plane shear test by a tensile test of a ±45° laminate [in Polish].
-  Bondyra, A., Gotowicki, P., Influence of a crosshead rate and a number of stress cycles on measurement results in the in-plane shear test for a cross-ply vinylester-carbon laminate, Journal of KONES Powertrain & Transport (in press).
-  Ochelski, S., Experimental methods in mechanics of structural composites [in Polish], WNT Press, Warsaw 2004.
-  PN-ISO 2602:1994, Statistical interpretation of experimental results. Estimation of the mean value. The confidence interval [in Polish].
-  Barbero E.,. Fernandez-Saez, J., Navarro, C., On the estimation of percentiles of the Weibull distribution, J Mater Sci Lett 18, pp. 1441-1443, 1999.
-  Dirikoğlu, M.H., Aktaş, A., Statistical analysis of fracture strength of composite materials using Weibull distribution, Turkish J Eng Environ Sci, 26, pp. 45-48, 2002.
-  ASTM D3518/D3518M-94:2001, In-plane shear response of polymer-matrix composite materials by tensile test of a ±45° laminate.
-  ISO 2854:1976, Statistical interpretation of data. Techniques of estimation and tests relating to means and variances.
-  Carlsson, L. A., Pipes, R. B., Experimental characterization of advanced composite materials, CRC Press, 3rd Edition, pp. 115-117, 2002.
-  Van Paepegem, W., De Baere, I., Degrieck, J., Modelling the nonlinear shear stress–strain response of glass fibre-reinforced composites. Part I: Experimental results, Comp Sci Tech, Vol. 66, No. 10, pp. 1465-1478, 2006.