Influence of a crosshead rate and a number of stress cycles on measurement results in the in-plane shear test for a cross-ply vinylester-carbon laminate
Treść / Zawartość
The paper presents some experimental studies on a regular cross-ply laminate of the [(0/90)F] 4S configuration. Each layer is VE 11-M vinylester resin (the manufacturer: ,,Organika-Sarzvna" Chemical Plants, Sarzyna, Poland) reinforced with plam weave carbon fabric of parameters: Stvle 430, Carbon 6K, substance 300g/m2, warp/weft 400/400 tex, 3.7/3.7 yarn/cm (the manufacturer: C. Cramer GmbH & Co. KG Division ECC). The orthotropic laminate was produced by ROMA private enterprise In Grabowiec, Poland, using the vacuum molding method and the technological parameters developed by ROMA taking into account the VE 11-M material specijication. The PN-EN ISO 14129:1997 standard  and closely related standards [2-9] were taken into consideration in experimental studies on the static in-plane shear response by a tensile test of a [(plus or minus 45)F]nS laminate. A program of the experiments was focused on testing a rate of a testing machine crosshead and a number of static stress cycles. An influence of these factors on the in-plane shear modulus was investigated. Based on the conducted investigations, the modified experimental procedure has been proposed for determination of the correct value of the in-plane shear modulus and the in-plane shear strength.
Bibliogr. 14 poz., rys.
-  PN-EN ISO 14129:2000, Material composites reinforced with a fibre. Determination of the shear stress and the respective strain, shear modulus and shear strength in the in plane shear test by a tensile test of a ±45° laminate [in Polish].
-  ASTM D4255/D4255M-01:2007, Standard test method for in-plane shear properties of polymer matrix composite materials by the Rail Shear Method.
-  ASTM D5379/D5379M-05:1998, Standard test method for shear properties of composite materials by the V-Notched Beam Method.
-  ASTM D3518/D3518M-94:2007, Standard test method for in-plane shear response of polymer matrix composite materials by tensile test of a ±45° laminate
-  PN-EN ISO 15310:2007, Material composites reinforced with a fibre. Determination of the in-plane shear modulus using the plate torsion method [in Polish].
-  PN-C-89076:1974, Plastics, Determination of a temperature dependent shear modulus at torsion [in Polish].
-  PN-EN ISO 14130:2001, Material composites reinforced with a fibre. Determination of the conventional interlaminar shear strength using the short beam method [in Polish].
-  PN-EN 2377:1994, Aeronautics and cosmonautics. Plastics reinforced with glass fibres. A method for determination of conventional interlaminar shear strength [in Polish].
-  PN-EN 2563:2000, Aeronautics and cosmonautics. Plastics reinforced with carbon fibres. Unidirectional laminates. Determination of conventional interlaminar shear strength [in Polish].
-  Tarnopol’skii, Y. M., Arnautov, A. K. and Kulakov, V. L.: Methods of determination of shear properties of textile composites. Composites Part A, Applied Science and Manufacturing Vol. 30, No. 7, pp. 879-885, 1999.
-  Van Paepegem, W., De Baere, I., Degrieck, J., Modelling the nonlinear shear stress–strain response of glass fibre-reinforced composites, Part I, Experimental results, Composites Science and Technology, Vol. 66, No. 10, pp. 1465-1478, 2006.
-  Ochelski, S., Experimental methods in mechanics of structural composites [in Polish], WNT, 2004.
-  Miracle, D. B., Donaldson, S. L., ASM Handbook, Vol. 21: Composites, ASM International, 2001.
-  Klasztorny, M., Niezgoda, T., Viscoelastic modeling of regular cross-ply laminates, Kompozyty (Composites), Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 223-227, 2008.