A concept of a passive radar with quadrature microwave phase discriminators
Treść / Zawartość
Passive radar does not have its own emitter. It uses so-called signals of opportunity emitted by non-cooperative illuminators. During the detection of reflected signals, a direct signal from a non-cooperative emitter is used as the reference signal. Detection of electromagnetic echoes is, in present day radars, performed by finding the maximum of the cross ambiguity function. This function is based on the multiplication of the received signal and the reference signal. Detection of echoes by means of a quadrature microwave phase discriminator QMPD was proposed in the work as an alternative solution for ambiguity function evaluation. This discriminator carries out vectorial summing of the received and the reference signals. The summing operations in QMPD are carried out with the aid of microwave elements and without the use of expensive digital signal processors. Definitions of the phase and phase difference of the so-called simple signals and noise signals were described. A proposal of a passive radar equipped with several independent quadrature microwave phase discriminators was presented. Ideas of algorithms of object detection and of the distance-to-object estimation designed for this radar have been also sketched.
Bibliogr. 17 poz., rys., wzory
-  Tan, D.K.P., Sun, H., Lu, Y., Lesturgie, M., Chan, H.L. (2005). Passive radar using Global System for Mobile communication signal: theory, implementation and measurements. IEE Proceedings - Radar Sonar Navigation, 152(3), 116-123.
-  Baker, C.J., Griffiths, H.D., Papoutsis, I. (2005). Passive coherent location radar systems. Part 2: Waveform Properties. IEE Proc. - Radar Sonar Navig., 152(3), 160-168.
-  Dawidowicz, B., Kulpa, K. (2007). Airborne Passive Radar System – First Study. Proc. International Radar Symposium IRS 2007, Cologne, Germany, 443-447.
-  Lee, J.C., Han, D.S. (2009). Channel Estimation Based onPath Separation for DVB-T in Long Delay Situations. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, 55(2).
-  Kuschel, H., Ummenhofer, M., O’Hagan, D., Heckenbach, J. (2010). On the Resolution Performance of Passive Radar Using DVB-T Illuminations. 11 th International Radar Symposium, Vilnius, Lithuania, 20-23.
-  Radmard, M., Bastani, M., Behnia, F., Nayebi, M.M. (2010). Cross Ambiguity Function Analysis of the ‘8k-mode’ DVB-T for Passive Radar Application. 11 th International Radar Symposium, Vilnius, Lithuania, 279-282.
-  Zemmari, R. (2010). Reference Signal Extraction for GSM Passive Coherent Location. 11th International Radar Symposium IRS 2010, Vilnius, Lithuania, 52-55.
-  Willis, N.J. (1991). Bistatic Radar. Artech House, Boston, London.
-  Langelotti, D., Bongioanni, C., Colone, F., Lombardo, P. (2010). Impact of Synchronization on the Ambiguity Function shape for PBR based on DVB-T signals. 11th International Radar Symposium IRS 2010, Vilnius, Lithuania, 59-62.
-  Howland, P.E. (1999). Traget tracking using television based bistatic radar. IEE Proc. Radar Sonar Navig, 146(3), 166-174.
-  Kulpa, K., Malanowski, M. (2007). Simple COTS PCL Demonstrator. 5th Multi-National Passive Covert Radar Conference, Shrivenham, UK, on CD.
-  Malanowski, M., Kulpa, K., Misiurewicz, J. (2008). PaRaDe - Passive Radar Demonstrator Family Development at Warsaw University of Technology. MRRS - 2008 Symposium Proceedings, Kiev, Ukraine, 75-78.
-  Schroder, A., Edrich, M., Wolschendorf, F. (2010). Multiband Experimental PCL System: Concept and Measurement Result. 11 th International Radar Symposium, Vilnius, Lithuania, 16-19.
-  Stec, B. (1980). The wide-band homodyne device for microwave circuits measurements. V Conference on Microwave Electronics of Solid State, MECS, Poland, Gdańsk, 353-357. (in Polish)
-  Rutkowski, A. (2004). Small passive direction finding and IFM device., XV International Conference on Microwaves, Radar and Wireless Communications, MIKON-2004, Poland, Warszawa, 3, 944-947.
-  Smólski, B. (1980). Analysis and the synthesis of the microwave circuits of the instantaneous frequency measurement. Supplement to the Bulletin of the Military University of Technology, 7(335), Poland, Warsaw. (in Polish)
-  Tsui, J.B.-Y. (1986). Microwave Receivers with Electronic Warfare Applications. John Willey & Sons, Inc., USA.