High-speed FPGA pipelined binary-to-residue converter
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Scientific Conference on Computer Applications in Electrical Engineering [13; April 14-16, 2008; Poznan]
An architecture and the FPGA realization of a high-speed pipelined binary-to-residue converter for five-bit moduli are presented. The converter algorithm is based on segmentation of the input binary word into segments of at most five-bit length. For the number represented by each segment modulo m reduction is performed. The obtained residues are added by using the multi-operand modulo adder m based on the carry-save adder (CSA) tree, reduction of the number represented by the output CSA tree vectors to 2m range and fast two-operand modulo m adder.
Bibliogr. 10 poz.
-  N.S. Szabo and R.J. Tanaka, Residue Arithmetic and its Applications to Computer Technology, New York, McGraw-Hill, 1967.
-  M .Soderstrand et al., Residue Number System Arithmetic. Modern Applications in Digital Signal Processing, IEEE Press, NY, 1986.
-  A. Omondi, B. Premkumar, Residue Number Systems: Theory and Implementation, London, Imperial College Press, 2007.
-  G. Alia, E. Martinelli, "VLSI binary-residue converters for pipelined processing," Computer J., vol. 33, no.5, pp. 473-475, 1990.
-  S.J.Piestrak, "Design of residue generators and multioperand modulo adders using carry-save adders," IEEE Trans. Comp., vol. 43, pp.68-77, Jan. 1994.
-  A.B. Premkumar," A formal framework for conversion from binary to residue numbers," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems-II, vol.49, no.2, Feb.2002, pp. 135-144.
-  M. Czyżak, "High-speed binary-to-residue converter with improved architecture," 27th Int. Conf. on Fundamentals of Electrotechnics and Circuit Theory, Gliwice-Niedzica, May 26-29, 2004, pp. 431-436.
-  A.B. Premkumar," Improved memoryless RNS forward converter based on periodicity of residues," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems-II, Express Briefs, vol. 53, no.2, Feb.2006, pp. 133-137.
-  A. Avizienis, "Arithmetic codes: cost and effectiveness studies for application in the didgital system design," IEEE transactions on Computers, vol. C-20, pp. 1322-1331, Nov. 1971.
-  S.J. Piestrak, "Design of high-speed residue-to-binary number system converter based on Chinese Remainder Theorem, " Proc. ICCD'94, Int.Conf. on Computer Design: VLSI in Computers and Processors, Cambridge, MA, Oct. 10-12, 1994, pp. 508-511.