Numerical Modeling of Ice Jam Formation in the Wloclawek Reservoir
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Application of Computer Methods in Free-Surface and Pressurized Flow Modeling
Ice jam formation in a run-of-the-river reservoir and the effects of ice jam on water levels and water velocity were simulated using a two-dimensional model for simulating river ice dynamics (DynaRICE). The record ice jam of January 1982 in the Wloclawek Reservoir is also examined here. The simulation showed that the ice jam in question was formed by surface ice produced in the Vistula River, upstream of the reservoir. The effect of thermal production of suspended frazil in the reservoir on ice jam was negligible. The simulated water level as well as the ice jam profile were in agreement with the observed data. The ice discharge upstream of the reservoir and the volume of ice in the Wloclawek Reservoir were calculated. The results showed that there was less ice in the reservoir than claimed in previous literature. Suspended frazil and the undercover transport mechanism were not taken into account in this study.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., rys., tab.
-  Majewski W 1985 Ice Jam Flood in the Yistula River in the Vicity of the Włocławek Reservoir in Winter 1982. Wydawnictwo Geologiczne, Warsaw (in Polish)
-  Banach M and Grześ M 1983 Gospodarka Wodna, 1 15 (in Polish)
-  Bobiński E and Meyer W 1983 Gospodarka Wodna 1 9 (in Polish)
-  Majewski W 1987 Influence of Ica Cover on Hydraulic Characteristics of Run-of-the-river Reservoirs on Example of Włocławek Project, IBW PAN, Gdańsk (in Polish)
-  Kolerski T 2003 Unsteady Flow with Ice Cover in Rwers and Reservoirs, IBW PAN, Gdańsk (in Polish)
-  Shen H T, Su J and Liu L 2000 J. Comput. Phy.i. 165 (2) 752
-  Lu S A, Shen H T and Crissman R D 1999 J. Cold Regions Engineering, ASCE 13 (2) 78
-  Kolerski T, Knack I M and Shen H T 2009 Ice Effects on HIPs in the Upper Niagara River, Progress Report submittcd to Gomcz and Sullivari Engineers P.C.
-  Kolerski T and Shen H T 2009 The 1984 St. Clair Rwer Ice Jam and Possible Effect on Bed Chanye, 20th Int. Ice Symposium, Lahti, Finland 84
-  Liu L and Shen H T 1998 Numerical Simulation of Mississippi - Missouri R,ivcr Conflu-ence Ice Condition, Report 98—07, Department of Civil and Envirouinental Engineering, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
-  Shen H T and Lin L 2003 Cold Region Science and Technology 37 (1) 36
-  Liii L and Shen II T 2003 A Two-dimensional Characteristic Upwind Finite Element Method for Transitional Open Channel Flow. Report 03-04, Department of Civil and Emdronmental Engineering, Clarkson Uiiiversity. Potsdam, N Y
-  Gingold R A and Monaghaii J J 1977 Mon. Not. R. Astr. Soc. 181 375
-  Ji S, Shen H T, Wang Z. Shen H and Yue Q 2004 Ice Dynamics Model with a Viscoselastic-Plastic Constitutwe Law. Proc. 17th Int. lec Symposium, St. Petersburg, pp. 274-281
-  Shen H T 2010 Ice Study for the Ice Sinice Drum Gates for St. Lawrence/FDR Power Project, Progress Report submitted to New York Power Authority