Analysis Of Ship Shaft Line Coupling Bolts Failure
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
The ship propulsion shaft line is one of the most critical ship components having big influence on a ship safety. Because of that, there is well known need for proper shaft line survey either by ship crew, ship owner technical services as well as by classification society surveyors. One of the most dangerous and frequent kind of shaft line failures, especially on old ships, is a fatigue break of the collar coupling bolts. It usually causes the loss of the possibility to use the main propulsion system. In case of the bad weather and severe sea conditions it can lead even to the ship loss. The paper presents some data on failure statistics that was observed to shaft lines and propulsion system machinery. Furthermore, analyses of causes and generation mechanism of the mentioned fatigue breaks of the collar coupling bolts is presented.
Bibliogr. 5 poz., rys., tab., fot.
- . Lars A. Malm, Mechanical Failure – the facts, Marine Claims Conference, 2007
- . Chris Leontopoulos, Shaft alignment and powertrain vibration, ABS
- . Brownlie K.: Controllable Pitch Propellers. The Institute of Marine Engineers. London, 1998.
- . Materiały Polskiego Rejestru Statków
- . V.Song, H.Shiihara, d.Shiraki, Y.Nagayama, Failure Analysis of propulsion shafting coupling bolts, Class NK, World Maritime Technology Conference, London 6-10 March 2006