Viscoelastic boundary layer MHD flow through a porous medium over a porous quadratic stretching sheet
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Boundary layer MHD flow of a viscoelastic fluid in a porous medium over a porous stretching sheet has been presented in this article. A typical choice of quadratic stretching of the boundary, having a quadratic part in velocity parallel to the boundary sheet and a linear mass flux in the velocity normal to the stretching sheet, constitutes the boundary conditions of the problem. The effect of various values of nondimensional physical parameters on streamline patterns and skin friction coefficient are discussed. Some of the important findings of the article are: (a) the flow is enhanced by the positive values of linear mass flux parameter and suppressed by the negative values of linear mass flux parameter; (b) the effect of permeability parameter is not significant when linear mass flux parameter takes zero or negative values; (c) the combined effect of reduction of the values of permeability parameter, Hartmann number and linear mass flux parameter is expected to reduce largely the values of skin friction coefficient.
Bibliogr. 26 poz., rys.
- 1. B.C. Sakidis, Boundary layer behavior on continuous solid surfaces, Am. Inst. Chem. Eng. J., 7, 26–28, 1961.
- 2. H. Markovitz and B.D. Coleman, Advances in Applied Mechanics, 8, Academic Press, 1964.
- 3. K.R. Rajagopal, T.Y. Na and A.S. Gupta, Flow of a viscoelastic fluid over a stretching sheet, Rheol. Acta., 23, 213–215, 1984.
- 4. K.R. Rajagopal, T.Y. Na and A.S. Gupta, A non-similar boundary layer on a stretching sheet in a non-Newtonian fluid with uniform free stream, J. Math. Phys., Sc., 21, 2,189–200, 1987.
- 5. B.S. Dandapat and A.S. Gupta, Flow and heat transfer in a viscoelastic fluid over a stretching sheet, Int. J. Nonlinear Mech., 24, 3, 215–219, 1989.
- 6. D. Rollins and K. Vajravelu, Heat transfer in a second order fluid over a continuous stretching surface, Acta Mech., 89, 167–178, 1991.
- 7. H.I. Andersson, MHD flow of a viscoelastic fluid past a stretching surface, Acta Mech., 95, 227–230, 1992.
- 8. P.S. Lawrence and B.N. Rao, Heat transfer in the flow of a viscoelastic fluid over a stretching sheet, Acta Mech., 93, 53–61, 1992.
- 9. M.I. Char, Heat and mass transfer in a hydromagnetic flow of viscoelastic fluid over a stretching sheet, J. of Math. Anal. Appl., 186, 674–689, 1994.
- 10. B.N. Rao, Technical note, Flow of a fluid of second grade over a stretching sheet, Int. J. Nonlinear Mech., 31, 4, 547–550, 1996.
- 11. K. Vajravyelu and J. Nayfeh, Convective heat transfer at a stretching sheet, Acta Mech., 96, 47–54, 1993.
- 12. K. VAJRAVYELU, Convection heat transfer at a stretching sheet with suction or blowing, J. of Math. Anal. Appl., 188, 1002–1011, 1994.
- 13. N. Ahmad and A. Mubeen, Boundary layer flow and heat transfer for the stretching plate with suction, Int. Comm. Heat Mass Transfer., 22, 6, 895–906, 1995.
- 14. T.C. CHIAM, Magnetohydrodynamic heat transfer over a non-isothermal stretching sheet, Acta Mechanica, 122, 169–179, 1997.
- 15. K.A. Yih, Note: Blowing suction/effect on non-Darcy forced convection flow about a flat plate with variable wall temperature in porous media, Acta Mechanica, 131, 255–265, 1998.
- 16. M. Acharya, L.P. Sing and G.C. Dash, Heat and mass transfer over an accelerating surface with heat source in presence of suction and blowing, Int. J. Eng. Sc., 37, 189–211, 1999.
- 17. K. V. Prasad, M.S. Abel and S.K. Khan, Momentum and heat transfer in viscoelastic fluid flow in a porous medium over a non-isothermal streching sheet., Int. J. of Num. Method for Heat and Fluid Flow, 10, 8, 786–801, 2000.
- 18. R.M. Sonth S.K. Khan M.S. Abel and K.V. Prasad, Heat and mass transfer in a viscoelastic fluid flow over an accelerating surface with heat source/sink and viscous dissipation, Heat and Mass Transfer., 38, 213–220, 2002.
- 19. B.S. Dandapat, L.E. Holmedal and H.I. Andersson, Stability of flow of a viscoelastic fluid over a stretching sheet, Arch. Mech., 46, 6, 829–838, 1994.
- 20. B.S. Dandapat, L.E. Holmedal and H.I. Andersson, On the stability of MHD flow of a viscoelastic fluid past a stretching sheet, Acta Mechanica, 130, 143–146, 1998.
- 21. P.S. Gupta and A.S Gupta, Heat and mass transfer on a stretching sheet with suction or blowing, Canad. J. of Chem. Engg., 55, 744–746, 1977.
- 22. V. Kumaran and G. Ramanaiah, A note on the flow over a stretching sheet, Acta Mech., 116, 229–233, 1996.
- 23. Gupta and T. Sridhar, Viscoelastic effect in non-Newtonian flows through porous media, Rheol Acta., 24, 148–151, 1985.
- 24. D. W. Beard, K. Walters, Elastico – viscous boundary layer flows. 1. Two dimensional flow near a stagnation point, Proc. Comb. Phil. Soc., 60, 667–674, 1964.
- 25. W.C Troy, E.A Overman., H.G.B. Ermentrout and J.P. Keener, Uniqueness of flow of a second order fluid past a stretching sheet, Quart. Appl. Math., 44, 753–755, 1987.
- 26. Wen-Dong Chang, The non-uniqueness of the flow of a viscoelastic fluid over a stretch-ing sheet, Quart. Appl. Math., 47, 2, 365–366, 1989.