Transformational leadership in operational competitiveness improvement: a case study in Malaysian automotive industry
Treść / Zawartość
The purpose of this paper is to analyze operational competitiveness by two core factors, i.e. manufacturing strategy and transformational leadership with technology level. In additional, CFI models in sense and respond (S&R) method are introduced to optimize strategic adjustments, which give supports in fast strategic decision-making process. The analysis results of case study show that leaders in automobile companies in Malaysia should deeply develop their leadership by inspirational motivation, intellectual stimulation and building trust and confidence etc. to improve operational competitiveness. Agile operations strategy should be utilized towards automobile enterprises in Malaysia in order to be competitive under dynamic and tightrope business situations.
Bibliogr. 19 poz., tab., wykr.
-  Navaratnam R., Management. Malaysian Institute of Management, 44, 2, 2009.
-  Chan F.T.S., Chaube A., Mohan V., Arora V., Tiwari M.K., Operation allocation in automated manufacturing system using GA-based approach with multiﬁdelity models, Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 26, 5, 526-534, 2010.
-  Krugman P., Competitiveness: A dangerous obsession. Foreign affairs, 73, 28-34, 1994.
-  Maskell P., Malmberg A., Localised learning and industrial competitiveness, Cambridge Journal of Economics, 23, 167-185, 1999.
-  Michael A., Hitt R., Ircland D., Hoskisson R.E., Strategic management: Competitiveness and globalization, Thomson South-Western (7th Edition), 2007.
-  Takala J., Analysis and synthesizing multi-focused manufacturing strategies by analytical hierarchy process, International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, 4, 5, 345-350, 2002.
-  Berman S.J., Hagan J., How technology-driven business strategy can spur innovation and growth, Strategy & Leadership, 34, 2, 28-34, 2006.
-  Doz Y., Kosonen M., Fast strategy: How strategic agility will help you stay ahead of the game, Harlow: Wharton School Publishing, 2008.
-  Burns J.M., Transforming Leadership, New York: Grove Press, 2003.
-  Menguc B., Auh S., Shih E., Transformational leadership and market orientation: Implications for the implementation of competitive strategies and business unit performance, Journal of Business Research, 60, 4, 314-321, 2007.
-  Takala J., Kukkola A., Pennanen J., Prospector, analyzer and defender models in directions of outcome in transformational leadership, Proceedings of the 17th International Conference of the Israel Society for Quality, Jerusalem: ISAS, 2008.
-  Haeckel S.H., From “make and sell” to “sense and respond”, Management Review, 81, 10, 3-9, 1992.
-  Bradley S.P., Nolan R.L., Sense and Respond: Capturing Value in the Network Era, Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 1998.
-  Markides C., All the right moves: a guide to crafting breakthrough strategy, Harvard Business Press, 2000.
-  Kapoor S., Bhattacharya K., Buckley S., Chowdhary P., Ettl M., Katircioglu K., Mauch E., Phillips L., A technical framework for sense-and respond business management, IBM Systems Journal, 44, 1, 5-24, 2005.
-  Schatten A., Schiefer J., Agile business process management with sense and respond, IEEE International Conference on e-Business Engineering (ICEBE’07), pp. 319-322, 2007.
-  Liu Y., Takala J., Competitiveness development of Chinese manufacturing enterprises in global context for crisis management, International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development, 9, 1, 87-115, 2010.
-  Miles R.E., Snow C.C., Organizational strategy, structure, and process, McGraw Hill, New York, 1978.
-  Ranta J.-M., Takala J., A holistic method method for ﬁnding out critical features of industry maintenance services, Int. J. Services and Standards, 3, 3, 2007.