Combinatorial Properties and Defragmentation Algorithms in WSW1 Switching Fabrics
Treść / Zawartość
A spectrum defragmentation problem in elastic optical networks was considered under the assumption that all connections can be realized in switching nodes. But this assumption is true only when the switching fabric has appropriate combinatorial properties. In this paper, we consider a defragmentation problem in one architecture of wavelength-space-wavelength switching fabrics. First, we discuss the requirements for this switching fabric, below which defragmentation does not always end with success. Then, we propose defragmentation algorithms and evaluate them by simulation. The results show that proposed algorithms can increase the number of connections realized in the switching fabric and reduce the loss probability.
Bibliogr. 21 poz., schem., wykr.
- Poznan University of Technology, Poznań, Poland
- Poznan University of Technology, Poznań, Poland
- PhD student at Poznan University of Technology, Poznań, Poland
-  M. Masahiko, H. Takara, B. Kozicki, Y. Tsukishima, Y. Sone, and S. Matsuoka, "Spectrum-Efﬁcient and Scalable Elastic Optical Path Network: Architecture, Beneﬁts, and Enabling Technologies", IEEE Communications Magazine 47 (11), 66–73 (2009), DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2009.5307468.
-  V. López and L. Velasco, "Elastic Optical Networks. Architectures, Technologies, and Control", Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, (2016).
-  Y. Chen, J. Li, P. Zhu, L. Niu, Y. Xu, X. Xie, Y. He, and Z. Chen, "Demonstration of Petabit scalable optical switching with subband-accessibility for elastic optical networks", in OptoElectronics and Communication Conference and Australian Conference on Optical Fibre Technology (OECC/ACOFT), Melbourne, Australia, 6–10 July (2014).
-  G. Danilewicz, W. Kabaciński, and R. Rajewski, "Strict-sense nonblocking space-wavelength-space switching fabrics for elastic optical network nodes", IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networking 8 (10), 745–756 (2016), DOI: 10.1364/JOCN.8.000745.
-  W. Kabaciński, M. Michalski, and R. Rajewski, "Strict-sense nonblocking W-S-W node Architectures for elastic optical networks", Journal of Lightwave Technology 34 (13), 3155–3162 (2016), DOI: 10.1109/JLT.2016.2560624.
-  P. Zhang, J. Li, B. Guo, Y. He, Z. Chen and H. Wu, "Comparison of node architectures for elastic optical networks with waveband conversion", China Communications, 10 (8), 77–87 (2013), DOI: 10.1109/CC.2013.6633747.
-  B.C. Chatterjee, N. Sarma, and E. Oki, "Routing and spectrum allocation in elastic optical networks: A tutorial", IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials 17 (3), 1776–1800 (2015), DOI: 10.1109/COMST.2015.2431731.
-  W. Kabaciński, M. Michalski, and M. Abdulsahib, "The strict-sense nonblocking elastic optical switch", in IEEE 15th International Conference on High Performance Switching and Routing (HSPR), Budapest, Hungary (2015), DOI: 10.1109/HPSR.2015.7483108.
-  M. Abdulsahib and W. Kabaciński, "Wide-Sense Nonblocking Converting-Space-Converting Switching Node Architecture under XsVarSLOT Algorithm", in IEEE 20th International Conference on High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR), Xi’An, China, 26-29 May (2019), DOI: 10.1109/HPSR.2019.8808115.
-  W. Kabaciński, M. Abdulsahib, and M. Michalski, "Wide-sense nonblocking W-S-W node architectures for elastic optical networks", IEICE Transactions Communications E102–B (5), 978–991 (2019), DOI: 10.1587/transcom.2018EUP0004.
-  M. Abdulsahib, M. Michalski, and W. Kabaciński, "Optimization of wide-sense nonblocking elastic optical switches", Optical and Switching Networking 33, 85–94, (2019), DOI: 10.1016/j.osn.2018.01.003.
-  W. Kabaciński, A. Al-Tameemi, and R. Rajewski, "Necessary and sufﬁcient conditions for the rearrangeability of WSW1 switching fabrics", IEEE Access 7, 18622–18633 (2019), DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2896283.
-  W. Kabaciński, R. Rajewski, and A. Al-Tameemi, "Simultaneous connections routing in W-S-W elastic optical switches with limited number of connection rates", in 21th International Conference on Optical Networks Design and Modeling (ONDM), Budapest, Hungary (2017), DOI: 10.23919/ONDM.2017.7958549.
-  W. Kabaciński and A. Al-Tameemi, "Control algorithms for simultaneous connections routing in ﬂexible optical switching networks", in International Conference on Photonics in Switching and Computing (PSC), Limassol, Cyprus (2018), DOI: 10.1109/PS.2018.8751273.
-  B.-C. Lin, "Rearrangeable W-S-W elastic optical networks generated by graph approaches", IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications Networking 10 (8), 675–685 (2018), DOI: 10.1364/JOCN.10.000675.
-  M. Zhang, W. Shi, L. Gong, W. Lu, Z. Zhu, "Bandwidth Defragmentation in Dynamic Elastic Optical Networks with minimum Trafﬁc Disruptions", in IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Budapest, Hungary, 3894–3898 (2013), DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2013.6655165.
-  C. You, M. Zhang, Z. Zhu, "Reduce Spectrum Defragmentation Latency in EONs with Effective Parallelization of Connection Reconﬁgurations", in Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exhibition (OFC), San Francisco, CA, USA, 1–3 (2014), DOI: 10.1364/OFC.2014.W4A.6.
-  S. Ba, B. C. Chatterjee, E. Oki, "Defragmentation Scheme Based on Exchanging Primary and Backup Paths in 1+1 Path Protected Elastic Optical Networks", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 25 (3), 1717–1731 (2017), DOI: 10.1109/TNET.2017.2650212.
-  F. Cugini, et al, "Push-Pull Defragmentation without Trafﬁc Disruption in Flexible Grid Optical Networks", Journal of Lightwave Technology 31 (1), 125–133 (2013), DOI: 10.1109/JLT.2012.2225600.
-  M. Zhang, Y. Yin, R. Proietti, Z. Zhu, S. J. B. Yoo, "Spectrum defragmentation algorithms for elastic optical networks using hitless spectrum retuning techniques", in Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition and the National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference (OFC/NFOEC), Anaheim, CA, USA 1–3 , 17–21 March (2013).
-  The OMNEST ofﬁcial website, last access: March 20, 2019, https://omnest.com.