The analysis of vibrations of gasoline and diesel vehicles as a function of their engine sizes
Treść / Zawartość
This paper presents a study of vibrations appearing in a vehicle in the process of its operation. The authors describe the primary source of the vibrations and their propagation in the entire structure. The observations were performed on the passenger cars with various gasoline and diesel engines. The aim was to examine the level of damping factor in the different locations in the car, precisely specified for the purpose of this studies. The secondary goal was to develop an effective method of obtaining and analyzing signals generated during the engine operation. The chosen instrument was Laser Doppler Vibrometer (LDV), which is used as the non-intrusive measurement utensil to detect velocity variations in designated places. The signals are gathered and collected as group of sinusoidal characteristics in the time domain. In order to achieve specific information about every component of the original signal, the authors apply Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) as the analyzing method. It allows to distinct the basic sinusoidal characteristics in the frequency domain through the spectral analysis. Based on the results, the authors are able to distinguish the dominant modes from the complex signal and indicate their impact on the car.
Bibliogr. 7 poz., fot. kolor., 1 rys., wykr.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, email@example.com
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
-  DE SILVA, C. Vibrations fundamentals and practice. CRC Press. NY 2000.
-  GIERGIEL, J. Mechanical vibrations (in Polish). University Scientific-Educational Publishers. Cracow 2000.
-  KAŹMIERCZAK, A., WRÓBEL, R. Detection of infection unit defects in diesel engine through analysis of vibrations. Journal of KONES. 2007.
-  FIAT Technical materials, www.fiat.com
-  www.vibrometry.co.kr/PSV-400.pdf
-  www.polytec.com/fileadmin/d/Vibrometrie/OM_DS_OFV-5000_E_42346.pdf
-  BRIGHAM, E. Fast Fourier Transform and its applications. Pearson. 1988.