Analysis of the possibility of using an engine with a rotating piston as the propulsion of an electric generator in application to a motor glider propulsion
Treść / Zawartość
Analysis of the possibility of using an engine with a rotating piston as the propulsion of an electric generator in application to a motor glider propulsion The paper presents an analysis of the possibilities of application of a rotating piston engine (Wankel type) as a propulsion for an electric generator in the motor glider propulsion system. This generator would be a part of the propulsion system of a hybrid motor glider using the AOS 71 motor glider airframe. In the research, the rotational characteristics of the LCR 407ti engine were determined experimentally. Driving torque run, power and fuel consumption were determined as a function of engine speed. The obtained results are presented in diagrams. The conceptual diagram of the hybrid drive is presented. The current generator was selected and the effectiveness of the generator and the entire propulsion were assessed from the motor glider's performance point of view. On the basis of the conducted research, conclusions were drawn and there were indicated the objectives and directions of further research on hybrid propulsion with specific aerodynamic and mass limitations of the aircraft.
Bibliogr. 11 poz., fot. kolor., wykr.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, Rzeszow University of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, Rzeszow University of Technology, email@example.com
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, Rzeszow University of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, Rzeszow University of Technology, email@example.com
-  ANDERSON, J. Introduction to flight. McGraw Hill Book Company. San Francisco 2003.
-  BOJOI, R., BOGGERO, H. et al. Multiphase drives for hybrid-electric propulsion in light aircrafts: a viable solution. Conference: 2018 International Symposium on Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, Automation and Motion (SPEEDAM). DOI: 10.1109/SPEEDAM.2018.8445241
-  GEISS, I., VOIT-NITSCHMANN, R. Sizing of fuel-based energy systems for electric aircrafts. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part G-Journal of Aerospace Engineering. 2017, 231. DOI: 10.1177/0954410017721254
-  FAHIM, M. An overview of double-bar single-wheel rotary combustion engine. Advances in Mechanical Engineering. 2019, 11(2), 1-13. DOI: 10.1177/1687814019828074
-  JAKUBOWSKI, R., ORKISZ, M. A review of selected alternative propulsion systems for UAV applications. Zeszyty Naukowe/Wyższa Szkoła Oficerska Sił Powietrznych Dęblin. 2015. 231. DOI: 10.1177/0954410017721254
-  MARIANOWSKI, J., FRĄCZEK, W., CZARNOCKI, F. Założenia podstawowe dla projektu motoszybowca AOSH2. (not publish)
-  MARIANOWSKI, J., TOMASIEWICZ, J., CZARNOCKI, F. Analiza masowa motoszybowca AOS-H2. (not publish)
-  ROSKAM, J. Airplane aerodynamics and performance. DARcorporation. Kansas 2016.
-  WANKEL AG, Wankel engine manual
-  www.flyrotax.com
-  www.emrax.com