Tests of joints in AAC masonry walls
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
The paper presents the results of the Authors’ tests on the joints in AAC masonry walls. The shape of the tested element and the test stand were fitted innovatively based on the Authors’ own experience as well as on the literature overview and numerical analysis. Cracking morphology and mode of failure were investigated. The relationship between the load and displacement for different types of joins was compared. The obtained results were also compared to the results obtained on the reference model, which was a model with a traditional masonry bond. In the remaining testing elements, the connection was realized with the use of steel connectors. Various mechanisms of cracking and failure have been observed as well as the behaviour and load-bearing capacity of joints were different. The obtained results encourage to further analyses focused on detailing the joints and application of new methods in the construction of the joints.
Bibliogr. 8 poz.
-  Galman, I., & Jasiński, R. (2018). Joints in masonry walls. 6th International Conference on Autoclaved Aerated Concrete. 4-6 September 2018, University Potsdam, Germany. Ce/Papers Ernst & Sohn, 339-346. https://doi.org/10.1002/cepa.855.
-  PN-EN 1052-1:2000 Methods of tests for masonry. Part 1: Determination of Compression Strength (in Polish).
-  PN-EN 1052-3:2004 Methods of tests for masonry. Part 3: Determination of Initial Shear Strength (in Polish).
-  ASTM E519-81 Standard Test Method for Diagonal Tension (Shear) of Masonry Assemblages.
-  Galman, I., & Jasiński, R. (2018). An Attempt to Describe the Mechanism of Work of Masonry Joins, 3rd World Multidisciplinary Civil Engineering - Architecture - Urban Planning Symposium. 18-22 June 2018, Czech Republic, Prague.
-  Jasiński, R. (2017) Research and modeling of masonry shear walls (PhD DSc thesis, Silesian University of Technology). Poland, Gliwice (in Polish).
-  Simudic, G., & Page, A.,W. (1996). Australian developments in the use of walls of geometric section. 7th North American Masonry Conference. University of Notre Dame-South Bend, Indiana, USA, 2-5 June 1996. Vol.2, 1007-1018.
-  Phipps, M., E., & Montague, T.,I. (1996). The behaviour and design of steel shear connectors in plain and prestressed masonry. 7th North American Masonry Conference. University of Notre Dame-South Bend, Indiana, USA, 2-5 June 1996. Vol.2, 789-798.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2019).