Methodological Problems of Modern Transportation Logistics
Treść / Zawartość
The terminology and conceptual apparatus of modern logistics as a scientific discipline is far from being shaped. Researches and developers of legislative and norm-setting documents are obliged to use their own or barrowed terminology, in both case not shared ubiquitously. Consequently, the interpretations even of basic concepts differ significantly. In particular, there exists an academic and practical point of view that refuse the right for existence of the term “transportation logistics”. This clause is explained by the proclaimed omnipresence and universality of logistics, which has in its operational glossary the term “transportation”, treated as a local, subordinated and thus secondary function. This paper tries to set a decisive rule to distinguish between general logistics and transportation logistics, arguing that these two disciplines are well separated by the objects and methodology, knowledge and activities. In transportation logistics defined this way the authors examine two principal components of the transportation processes, storage (warehousing) and movement (shipping). This consideration lead to conclusions that the classical mathematical toolkit is not fitted for the design and management of modern global supply chains.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys.
-  Can‐Zhong Yao, Ji‐Nan Lin, Xiao‐Feng Liu, Xu‐Zhou Zheng. Dynamic features analysis for the large‐scale logistics system warehouse‐out operation. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Volume 415, 1 December 2014, Pages 31–42.
-  Shaoyun Ren. Assessment on Logistics Warehouse fire Risk based on Analytic Hierarchy Process. Procedia Engineering, Volume 45, 2012, Pages 59–63.
-  Rajesh Kr Singh, Nikhil Chaudhary, Nikhil Saxena. Selection of warehouse location for a global supply chain: A case study. IIMB Management Review, In press, accepted manuscript, Available online 7 September 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iimb.2018.08.009.
-  Qiang Lin, Xuemei Su, Ying Peng. Supply chain coordination in Confirming Warehouse Financing. Computers & Industrial Engineering, Volume 118, April 2018, Pages 104–111.
-  Bhanuteja Sainathuni, Pratik J. Parikh, Xinhui Zhang, Nan Kong. The warehouse‐inventory‐transportation problem for supply chains. European Journal of Operational Research, Volume 237, Issue 2, 1 September 2014, Pages 690–700.
-  Vetrenko, L. D. Upravlenie rabotoj morskogo porta [Tekst]: uchebnik dlya vuzov / L. D. Vetrenko. – SPb.: Istoricheskaya illyustraciya, 1997. – 165 s.
-  Morskaya kontejnernaya transportno‐texnologicheskaya sistema [Tekst]: monografiya / A. V. Kirichenko, A. L. Kuzneczov [i dr.]; red. A. V. Kirichenko. – SPb.: Izd‐vo MANE`B, 2017. – 320 s.
-  L. fon Bertalanfi. Obshhaya teoriya sistem: kriticheskij obzor. V sbornike perevodov Issledovaniya po obshhej teorii sistem. M.: Progress, 1969. – 520 s.
-  Donald J. Bowersox, Patricia J. Daugherty, Cornelia L. Dröge, Richard N. Germain, Dale S. Rogers. Logistical Excellence, 1992, Available online 17 November 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978‐1‐55558‐087‐2.50008‐6.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2018).