Concept of underground gas storage in the limestone rocks in Slovenia
Treść / Zawartość
The paper provides research and results for underground storage of gas (UGSG) in limestone rocks, which were carried out in Slovenia – Central Europe. The areas was geological surveyed and in addition structural boreholes were drilled up to the depth of 350 m. The cores were logged with emphasis on stratigraphy, layering, rock joints, tectonic zones, RQD… and addition characteristics samples were taken for the laboratory rocks geomechanical characteristics investigations. In boreholes geophysical, pressiometric and hydro-geological investigations were also carried out. In the area where the researches have been carried out, limestone, dolomites and breccias are prevalent. Storage should be built for pressure between 15 and 20 MPa. Explorations confirmed that there is a possibility of building a high-pressure underground storage of gas (UGSG) and using applied mechanics for design LRC (Lined Rock Cavern) technology. The construction of underground storage facilities for natural gas storage is important in cases, where the gas supply does not meet the required capacity for operation of the thermal power plant.
Bibliogr. 14 poz., fig., tab.
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Aškerčeva 12, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, email@example.com
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Aškerčeva 12, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1. Johansson J. High Pressure Storage of Gas in Lined Rock Caverns – Cavern Wall Design Principles. Licentiate Thesis. Div. of Soil and Rock Mech., Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm 2003.
- 2. Regueiro A., Jezerska L., Patino D., Perez-Orozco R., Necas J., and Zidek M. Experimental Study of the Viability of Low-Grade Biofuels in Small- Scale Appliances. Sustainability, 9, 2017, 1-16.
- 3. Honus S., Kumagai S., Molnár V., Fedorko G. and Yoshioka T. Pyrolysis gases produced from individual and mixed PE, PP, PS, PVC, and PET-Part II: Fuel characteristics. Fuel, 221, 2018, 361–373.
- 4. Honus S., Kumagai S., Fedorko G., Molnár V. and Yoshioka T. Pyrolysis gases produced from individual and mixed PE, PP, PS, PVC, and PET—Part I: Production and physical properties. Fuel, 221, 2018, 346-360.
- 5. Honus S., Jursova S., Nemcek O. and Husakova N. The study of the effects of burner design modifications on the course of gaseous fuel combustion making use of a laboratory combustion chamber. Proc. of Energy clean Technol. Conf. SGEM 2016, Sofia, Bulgaria 2016, 753–60.
- 6. Husakova N. Tools For Effective Application Of Eco-Logistics. Proc. of Carpathian Logist. Congr. (CLC 2013), Ostrava, Czech Republic, 2014, 80–83.
- 7. Vrlikova J. and Husakova N. Collection - process of reverse logistics and its solution for the selected type of waste. Proc. of Carpathian Logist. Congr. (CLC 2015), Ostrava, Czech Republic, 2016, 531–535.
- 8. Hencher S. Practical Rock Mechanics. CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group, 2016, 356 p.
- 9. Vižintin G., Ravbar N., Janež J., Koren E., Janež N., Zini L., Treu F. and Petrič M. Integration of models of various types of aquifers for water quality management in the transboundary area of the Soča/Isonzo river basin (Slovenia/Italy). Science of the total environment, 619/620, 2018, 1214-1225.
- 10. Sternad Ž. Final report on geological and geo-technical conditions in PSZP Zakov/Senovo area, RGP, Velenje 2016.
- 11. Hoek E. and Diederichs M.S., Empirical estimation of rock mass modulus. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 43, 2006, 203–215.
- 12. Hlosta J., Zurovec D., Gelnar D., Zegzulka J. and Necas J. Thermal Conductivity Measurement of Bulk Solids. Chemical Engineering Technology, 40, 2017, 1876–1884.
- 13. Kravanja S. and Žlender B., Optimization of the underground gas storage in different rock environments, WIT Transactions on the built environment, 125, 2012, 15-26.
- 14. Noren C. Underground Storage of Natural Gas in Lined Rock Cavern in Brestanica Area. NCC, Stockholm, 2006.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2018).