Ship’s Navigational Safety in the Arctic Unsurveyed Regions
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
High traffic of the vessels in many regions of the world pressed maritime nations to issue good quality nautical charts. Vessels could proceed safely on planned voyage using nautical chart and GPS position receiver. Above popular assumptions were right in well recognized and charted regions. But some regions were not sufficiently surveyed or not surveyed at all. In this case position fixing system was useless. The only way was to follow the vessel’s hydroacoustic equipment to find out safe route in between dangers. The goal of the author was to settle matters of the unsurveyed regions. First question was quality of the in-formation on charts and role of the vessel’s autonomous hydroacoustic equipment in safety of the navigation. Second question were safety parameters kept by the research vessel.
Bibliogr. 16 poz., rys.
-  Gale, H., 2009: From paper charts to ECDIS, A practical voyage plan: Part 3, Seaways November 2009, p. 5 - 9.
-  IHO, 1994: Hydrographic Dictionary, Part I, Volume I, English, Special Publication No. 32, Fifth Edition, Monaco 1994, 280 pp.
-  IHO, 2008: IHO Standards for Hydrographic Surveys, Special Publication No 44, Fifth Edition, Monaco February 2008, pp.28
-  IHO, 2009: Regulations of the IHO for international (INT) charts and charts specifications of the IHO, Edition 3.006, April 2009, 392 pp.
-  IMO, 1993: Resolution A.741(18), International Safety Management Code, 4 November 1993.
- IMO, 2004: SOLAS consolidated edition 2004, London, pp.628.Jeppesen Norway A/S, 2010: C-MAP Chart Catalog v.18.104.22.168.|
-  Pastusiak, T., 2010: Problems of coverage of unsurveyed regions by electronic charts [in Polish], Logistyka 2/1010, ISSN 1231–5478, p 2069-2086.
-  Primar Stavanger, 2009: Primar Chart Catalogue 4.3.
-  Statens Kartverk 2001: NO537, Paper chart, Svalbard, Hinlopenstretet N, scale 1:100,000.
-  The Norwegian Hydrographic Service and Norwegian Polar Research Institute, 1990: Den Norske Los, Arctic Pilot, Vol. 7, 2nd Edition, 433 pp.
-  Transas Marine Ltd, 2010: Transas Chart World Folio v.3.2.332, WF 28.
-  UKHO, 2004: NP100, The Mariners Handbook, 8th Edition, 260 pp.
-  UKHO, 2007: NP11 Arctic Pilot, Edition 2004, Correction 2007.
-  UKHO, 2010: Admiralty Digital Catalogue v.1.6.0.
-  UKHO, 2009: Catalogue of Admiralty Charts and Publications NP131, 2009 Edition.
-  Weintrit, A., 2009: The electronic chart display and information system (ECDIS) - An operational handbook, Boca-Raton - London - New York – Leiden, CRS Press, Taylor & Francis Group, ISBN-13: 978-0-41548246-2, 1101pp.