Weather Hazard Avoidance in Modeling Safety of Motor-Driven Ship for Multicriteria Weather Routing
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Weather routing methods find the most suitable ocean’s route for a vessel, taking into account changeable weather conditions and navigational constraints. In the multicriteria approach based on the evolu-tionary SPEA algorithm one is able to consider a few constrained criteria simultaneously. The approach ap-plied for a ship with hybrid propulsions has already been presented by one of the authors on previous Trans-Nav’2009. This time a motor-driven version of the solution is presented. The paper is focused especially on a proposal of ship safety measure, based on restricting the impact of weather hazards on the ship. Besides the weather conditions and navigational restraint the safety of a vessel is one of more important factors to be con-sidered. The new approach towards a safety factor modeling is described and implemented.
Bibliogr. 14 poz., rys.
-  James, R.W. 1957. Application of wave forecast to marine navigation, Washington: US Navy Hydrographic Office.
-  Hagiwara, H. 1989. Weather routing of (sail-assisted) motor vessels, PhD Thesis, Delft: Technical University of Delft.
-  IMO. 2007. Revised guidance to the master for avoiding dangerous situation in adverse weather and sea conditions, International Maritime Organization, MSC.1/Circ.1228.
-  Kobylinski L. 2007a. System and risk approach to ship safety, with special emphasis of stability, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering. Vol. VII. No. 4. Wrocław, Poland.
-  Kobylinski L. 2007b. Goal-based Stability Standards, 10th International Ship Stability Workshop, Hamburg, Germany.
-  Krata P. 2007. Total loses of fishing vessels. Advances in marine navigation and safety of sea transportation, Gdynia, Poland.
-  Landrini M. 2006. Strongly Nonlinear Phenomena in Ship Hydrodynamics, Journal of Ship Research, Vol. 50, No. 2.
-  Marie S. & Courteille E. 2009. Multi-Objective Optimization of Motor Vessel Route. Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transport. Balkema Book, Taylor & Francis Group. London.
-  Spaans, J.A., 1986, Windship routeing, Technical University of Delft.
-  Szlapczynska J., Smierzchalski R. 2007. Adopted isochrone method improving ship safety in weather routing with evolutionary approach. International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 6. 635-645. World Scientific Publishing Company.
-  Szlapczynska J. & Smierzchalski R. 2009. Multicriteria Optimisation in Weather Routing. Marine Navigation and Safe-ty of Sea Transport. Balkema Book, Taylor & Francis Group. London.
-  Wisniewski, B. 1991. Methods of route selection for a sea go-ing vessel (in Polish), Gdansk: Wydawnictwo Morskie.
-  Wisniewski B. & Chomski J. 2005. Evolutionary algorithms and methods of digraphs in the determination of ship time-optimal route, 2nd International Congress of Seas and Oceans, Szczecin-Świnoujście.
-  Womack J. 2002. Small commercial fishing vessel stability analysis, Where are we now? Where are we going?, Proceedings of the 6th International Ship Stability Workshop, Washington.