Determination of Priorities in Apparel Purchasing from Private Sale Websites
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
In the fast-changing internet era, private sale websites attracted an enormous interest from the consumers in especially online marketing of apparel goods. The retailers may garner more benefit if the prior issues for the consumers when they are purchasing apparel products online is known. Reviewing the literature, this study presents the factors in three groups in a hierarchical manner considering the multidimensional aspect of online purchasing of apparel products from private sale websites and then determines the prior issues for the consumers by making pairwise comparisons among these factors using analytical hierarchy process on a sample group of 100 Turkish respondents. The findings revealed that “privacy/security” in terms of online shopping criteria, “product information” in terms of apparel products criteria, and “discount ratio” in terms of private shopping criteria took highest scores of importance when the aspects were analyzed individually. Nonetheless, the parameters regarding the online shopping criteria were found to be more important than the criteria regarding the apparel products and private shopping criteria. In the end, it was also observed that these items that were found to have highest importance were actually corresponding to the risks of the situation.
Bibliogr. 48 poz.
-  Ayadi, N., Giraud, M., Gonzalez, C. (2013). An investigation of consumers’ self-control mechanisms when confronted with repeated purchase temptations: Evidence from online private sales, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 20, 272-281.
-  Martinez, B., Kim, S. (2012). Predicting purchase intention for private sale sites, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 16(3), 342-365.
-  Kim, S., Martinez, B. (2013). Fashion consumer groups and online shopping at private sale sites, International Journal of Consumer Studies, 37, 367-372.3
-  Dabhade, A.(2008). Antecedents of older consumers’ internet shopping for apparel products: Perceived risk and benefits and shopping orientation, (A Master of Science Thesis), Auburn University.
-  Kim, D.E., LaBat, K. (2013). Consumer experience in using 3D virtual garment simulation technology, The Journal of The Textile Institute, 104(8), 819-829.
-  Gotzamani, K.D., Tzavlopoulos, Y.E. (2009). Measuring E-commerce-quality: An exploratory review, International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences, 1(3), 271-279.
-  Santos, J. (2003). E-Service Quality: A model of virtual service quality dimensions, Managing Service Quality, 13(3), 233-246.
-  Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V.A., Berry, L.L. (1988), SERVQUAL: A multiple item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality, Journal of Retailing, 49, 41-50.
-  Loiacono, E.T., (2000). WebQual: A Website Quality Instrument, (Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation), University of Georgia.
-  Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V.A., Malhotra, A. (2005). E-S-QUAL: A Multiple-item scale for assessing electronic service quality, Journal of Service Research, 7(3), 213-33.
-  Yoo, B., Donthu, N. (2001). Developing a scale to measure the perceived quality of an internet shopping site (SITEQUAL), Quarterly Journal of Electronic Commerce, 2(1), 31-45.
-  Long, M., McMellon, C. (2004). Exploring the determinants of retail service quality on the internet, The Journal of Services Marketing, 18(1), 78-90.
-  Zeithaml, V.A., Parasuraman, A., Malhotra, A. (2002). Service quality delivery through websites: A critical review of extent knowledge, Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 30(4), 362-375.
-  Wolfinbarger, M., Gilly, M.C. (2003). e-TailQ: Dimensionalizing, measuring and predicting e-tail quality, Journal of Retailing, 27(3), 183-98.
-  Cho, N., Park, S. (2001). Development of electronic commerce user-consumer satisfaction index (ECUSI) for internet shopping, Industrial Management + Data Systems, 101(8/9), 400-405.
-  Kim S., Stoel, L. (2004). Apparel retailers: Website quality dimensions and satisfaction, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 11, 109-117.
-  Ha S., Stoel, L. (2012). Online apparel retailing: Roles of e-shopping quality and experiential e-shopping motives, Journal of Service Management, 23(2), 197-215.
-  Kim, M., Kim, J.H., Lennon, S.J. (2006). Online service attributes available on apparel retail websites: An E-SQUAL approach, Managing Service Quality, 16(1), 51-77.
-  Park, J.H., Stoel, L. (2002). Apparel shopping on the internet: Information availability on US apparel merchant websites, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 6,(2), 158-176.
-  Rayman, D., Burns, D.J., Nelson, C.N. (2011). Apparel product quality: Its nature and measurement, Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science, 21(1), 66-75.
-  Abraham-Murali, L., Littrell, M.A. (1995). Consumers’ perception of apparel quality over time: an exploratory study, Clothing and Textile Research Journal, 13(3), 149-158
-  Forsythe, S. (1991). Effect of private, designer and national brand name on shoppers’ perception of apparel quality and price, Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 9, 1-6
-  North, E.J., Vos, R.B., Kotzé,T. (2003). The importance of apparel product attributes for female buyers, Journal of Family Ecology and Consumer Sciences, 31, 41-51.
-  Baybars, M., Ustundagli, E. (2011). Attitudes toward online shopping from the aspects of personal characteristics and shopping motive through a developing concept: Private shopping, International Journal of Business and Management Studies, 3(2), 201-210.
-  Martinez B, (2011). An Analysis of The Impacts of Consumer Shopping Characteristics and Perceived Website Quality on Purchase Intention from a Private Sales Site, (MSc Thesis), The University of Georgia.
-  Saricam, C. (2015). Acceptance of apparel private sale sites by consumers: application of original and extended technology acceptance model, The Journal of The Textile Institute, 106(10), 1059-1070
-  Chan, F.T.S., Chan, H.K., (2010). An AHP model for selection of suppliers in the fast changing fashion market, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 51,1195-1207.
-  Chiang, W.K., Li, Z. (2010). An analytic hierarchy process approach to assessing consumers’ distribution channel preference, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 38(2), 78-96.
-  Saaty, T.L. (1980). The analytic hierarchy process. McGraw-Hill,New York, NY
-  Hasan, L., Abuelrub, E. (2011). Assessing the quality of websites, Applied Computing and Informatics, 9, 11-29.
-  Kong, F., Liu, H. (2005). Applying fuzzy analytic hierarchy process to evaluate success factors of e-commerce, International Journal of Information and Systems Sciences, 1(3/4), 406-412.
-  Cebi, S. (2013). A quality evaluation model for the design quality of online shopping websites, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 12, 124-135.
-  Huang, Y.K., Feng, C.M., (2007). Modelling the determinants of logistics service quality on retailing delivery service for online shopping, 2007 Internatinal Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, WICOM 2007, 21-25 September 2007, China, 3338-3341.
-  Liu, C., Huang, Y. (2013). Prioritizing value measures of auction websites through users’ perspectives, International Journal of Electronic Business Management, 11(2), 144-155 .
-  Calisir, F., Bayraktaroglu, A.E., Gumussoy, C.A., Topcu, Y.I., Mutlu, T.(2010). The relative importance of usability and functionality factors for online auction and shopping websites, Online Information Review, 34(3), 420-439.
-  Ku, E.C.S., Fan, Y.F. (2009). The decision making in selecting online travel agencies: An application of Analytic Hierarchy Process, Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 26(5/6), 482-493.
-  Köksal, M.H. (2007). Consumer behaviour and preferences regarding Children’s Clothing in Turkey, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 11(1), 69-81.
-  Chamodrakas, I., Batis, D., Martakos, D., (2010). Supplier selection in electronic marketplaces using satisficing and Fuzzy AHP, Expert Systems with Applications, 37, 490-498.
-  Tam, M.C.Y., Tummala, V.M.R. (2001). An application of the AHP in vendor selection of a telecommunications system, Omega, 29, 171-182.
-  Ohta, K., Kobashi, G., Takano, S., Kagaya, S., Yamada, H., Minakami, H., Yamamura, E. (2007). Analysis of the geographical accessibility of neurosurgical emergency hospitals in Sapporo city using GIS and AHP, International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 21(6), 687-698.
-  Pecchia, L., Martin, J.L., Ragozzino, A., Vanzanella, C., Scognamiglio, A., Mirarchi, L., Morgan, S.P., Pecchia et al. (2013). User needs elicitation via Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). A case study on a computed tomography (CT) scanner BMC, Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 13(2), 1-11.
-  Jones, S., Tefe, M, Appiah-Opoku, S. (2013). Proposed framework for sustainability screening of urban transport projects in developing countries: A case study of Accra, Ghana, Transportation Research, Part A, 49, 21-34.
-  Miller, G.A., (1956). The magical number seven plus or minus two: some limits on our capacity for processing information. Psychological Review, 63, 81-97.
-  Saaty, T.L., (2008). Decision making with the analytic hierarchy process, International Journal of Services Sciences, 1(1), 83-98.
-  Awasthi, A., Omrani, H., (2009). A hybrid approach based on AHP and belief theory for evaluating sustainable transportation solutions, International Journal of Global Issues, 9(3), 212-226.
-  Sharma, A., Sheth, J.N. (2004). Web-based marketing: The coming revolution in marketing thought and strategy, Journal of Business Research, 57(7),696-702.
-  Yang,Z., Fang, X. (2004). Online service quality dimensions and their relationships with satisfaction: A content analysis of customer reviews of securities brokerage services, International Journal of Service Industry Management, 15(3), 302-326.
-  Turquality Project: Consumer Behavior Market Research Turkish Apparel Industry (Turquality Projesi Tüketici Alışkanlıkları Pazar Araştırması Türkiye Hazır Giyim Sektörü)(2007) http://www.itkib.org.tr/ihracat/TurqualityRaporlar/dosyalar/ITKIB_HazirGiyim_T%C3%BCketiciArastirmasi_Turk%C4%B1ye.pdf, last accessed, 24.12.201