Consumer Behaviour of Clients Travelling by Stena Line’s Ferries
Treść / Zawartość
In the era of tough competition, each company should closely follow the trends on the market and watch changing expectations of potential buyers of their goods and services. Only those organizations that are able to meet the customers’ needs and preferences, gain a competitive position on the market. The objective of the article is to assess purchasing behaviour of customers travelling by ferries to Sweden on the Gdynia-Karlskrona route which is operated by Stena Line. The article consists of four main parts. The objective and methodology of empirical researches that were carried out are presented in the first part of the article. Next, there are theoretical considerations on customers’ behaviour and factors influencing their decision making process. In the third part of the article, the analysis of selected elements of purchasing behaviour of people travelling by ferries based on the results of empirical research was presented. The article ends with the summary indicating the conclusions that arose thanks to analysis of the survey results.
Bibliogr. 10 poz., rys., tab.
-  Bull A.: The economics of travel and tourism, 2nd Edition, LONGMAN, Melbourne 1998.
-  Cooper CH., Flecher J., Gilbert D., Wanhill S.: Tourism, Principles and Practice, Second Edition, LONGMAN, New York 1998.
-  Ferry ships on the Gdynia – Karlskrona route in the period from 1995 to 2012, Own elaboration on the base of information gained from the Marketing Department of Stena Line Ltd., Gdynia 2012.
-  Jasiński A. H.: Metodyka badań rynku, Wyd. Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego Filia w Białymstoku, Białystok 1996.
-  Kizielewicz J.: Determinanty rozwoju turystyki morskiej i nadmorskiej w Polsce, praca doktorska pod kierunkiem Prof. dr hab. J. Kubickiego, UWM, Olsztyn 2001.
-  Kotler Ph., Armstrong G., Saunders J., Wong V.: Principles of Marketing, Second European Edition, Printice Hall Europe, Inc. New Jersey 1999.
-  Kotler Ph.: Marketing management, The Millenium Edition, Northwestern University, Printice Hall International, Inc. New Jersey 2000.
-  Metodologia Unii Europejskiej w dziedzinie statystyki turystyki, GUS, Departament Warunków Życia, Warszawa 1998.
-  Pasca M. D.: Human behavior related to the elements of a tourist location, Advances in Environment, Ecosystems and Sustainable Tourism. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Tourism and Cultural Heritage (STACH '13) June 1-3, Brasov, Romania 2013.
-  Solomon M., Bamossy G., Askegaard, Hogg M.K.: Consumer Behaviour, A European Perspective, Third Edition, Prentice Hall, Edinburgh 2006.