Wireless technologies for lean manufacturing – a literature review
Treść / Zawartość
The paper discusses possible applications of wireless technologies in support of lean manufacturing tools. The typology of lean tools is provided. It distinguishes three main categories, which are identification and analysis of waste, improvement implementation, and process monitoring. The set of lean tools was analyzed in terms of information requirements. On the other hand, the typology of wireless technologies was discussed including RFID and Wi-Fi. The literature review of wireless technology applications for support of lean tools was conducted. The literature was systematically reviewed from the point of view of specific technologies and specific tools which were the subjects of the analyzed publications. Both typologies were synthesized to establish a framework for wireless technologies applications in the context of lean manufacturing implementation. It also could serve as a guideline for lean practitioners and implies future research directions. This paper is an extended version of paper published by .
Bibliogr. 65 poz., rys., tab
- Warsaw University of Technology, Institute of Production Systems Organization, Narbutta 86, 02-524 Warsaw, Poland
- Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Production Engineering, Institute of Production Systems Organization, Poland
-  Gladysz B., Buczacki A., Wireless technologies for lean manufacturing – literature review, Int. Congress on Prod. Res., pp. 7–12, 2017, Poznan (Poland): DEStech.
-  Hessman T., Lean’s high-tech makeover, Ind. Week, 261, 11, 20–22, 2012.
-  Maurno D.A., Sirico L., Thin air: how wireless technology can supports lean initiatives, New York: Productivity Press, 2010.
-  RFID Journal, www.rfidjournal.com.
-  Tinham B., Airbus flies lean thinking on wireless technology, Manuf. Comp. Solutions, 11, 4, 42–43, 2005.
-  Levy Y., Ellis T.J., A systems approach to conduct an effective literature review in support of information systems research, Informing Sci., 9, 182–212, 2006.
-  Duvall D., Change the ’hoarding’ culture. Utilize RTLS for lean, efficient practice management, Health Manag. Technol., 36, 11, 16–17, 2015.
-  Landry S., Beaulieu M., Achieving lean health care by combining the two-bin Kanban replenishment system with RFID technology, Int. J. of Health Manag. and Infor., 1, 1, 85–98, 2010.
-  Ohno T., Toyota Production Systems: Beyond Large-Scale Production, Portland, OR: Productivity Inc., 1988.
-  Krafcik J., Triumph of the Lean Production Systems, Sloan Manag. Rev., pp. 41–52, 1998.
-  Womack J., Jones D., Lean thinking: banish waste and create wealth in your corporation, New York: Simon & Schuster, 1996.
-  Womack J., Jones D., Roos D., The machine that changed the world, New York, Free Press, 1990.
-  Liker J., The Toyota way: 14 management principles from the world’s greatest manufacturer, New York, McGraw-Hill, 2004.
-  Oehmen J. [Ed.], The guide to lean enablers for managing engineering programs, Cambridge, MA, MIT-PMI-INCOSE, 2012.
-  Zuppo C.M., Defining ICT in a boundaryless world: the development of a working hierarchy, Int. J. of Manag. and Infor. Technol., 4, 3, 13–22, 2012.
-  Zhang P., Aikman S., Sun H., Two types of attitudes in ICT acceptance and use, Int. J. of Human-Comp. Interaction, 24, 7, 628–648, 2008.
-  Adibi S. [Ed.], Mobile health: a technology road map, Cham (Switzerland), Springer, 2015.
-  Reinisch C., Kastner W., Neugschwandtner G., Granzer W., Wireless technologies in home and building automation, Proc. of V IEEE INDIN Conf., pp. 93–98, 2007, Vienna: IEEE.
-  Baldini G., Karanasios S., Allen D., Vergari F., Survey of wireless communication technologies for public safety, IEEE Communicat. Surveys and Tutorials, 16, 2, 619–641, 2017.
-  Aqeel-ur-Rehman, Abbasi A.Z., Islam N., Shaikh Z.A., A review of wireless sensors and networks’ applications in agriculture, Comp. Stand. and Interfaces, 36, 2, 263–270, 2014.
-  Huang G.Q., Wright P.K., Newman S.T., Wireless manufacturing: a literature review, recent developments, and case studies, Int. J. of Comp. Integ. Manuf., 22, 7, 579-594, 2009.
-  Wisniewski L., Trsek H., Jasperneite J., Wireless local area networks and its impact on current and future production processes, Manag. and Prod. Eng. Rev., 2, 1, 78–88, 2011.
-  Gladysz B., Typology of RFID systems, Innowacje w Zarządzaniu i Inżynierii Produkcji, pp. 948- 957, 2016, Opole (Poland), OW PTZP.
-  Hassan T., Chatterjee S., A taxonomy for RFID, Proc. of the 39th Ann. HICSS, 8, 184b–184b, 2006
-  Dar K., Bakhouya M., Gaber J., Wack M., Lorenz P., Wireless communication technologies for ITS applications, IEEE Communicat. Magaz., 48, 5, 156– 162, 2010.
-  Dimitrov S., Haas H., Principles of LED light communications: towards networked Li-Fi, Cambridge, UK, Cambridge University Press, 2015.
-  Gupta S. et al., Study & analysis of role of Li-fi in future, Int. J. of Smart Home, 10, 2, 213–218, 2016.
-  Houy T., ICT and lean management: will they ever get along?, Communicat. and Strategies, 59, 53–75, 2005.
-  Nicoletti B., Lean and digitize: an integrated approach to process improvement, Farnham, UK, Gower Publishing, 2012.
-  Bell S.C., Orzen M.A., Lean IT: anabling and sustaining your lean transformation, New York, Productivity Press, 2016.
-  Rodriguez P., Partanen J., Kuvaja P., Oivo M., Combining Lean Thinking and Agile Methods for Software Development: A Case Study of a Finnish Provider of Wireless Embedded Systems Detailed, in Proc. of 47th Ann. HICSS Conf., pp. 4770–4779, 2014, Waikoloa: HI, IEEE.
-  Ghobakhloo M., Hong T.S., IT investments and business performance improvement: the mediating role of lean manufacturing implementation, Int. J. of Prod. Res., 52, 18, 5367–5384, 2014.
-  Kolberg D., Knobloch J., Z¨uhlke D., Towards a lean automation interface for work-stations, Int. J. of Prod. Res., 55, 10, 2845–2856, 2017.
-  Zhang A., Wireless devices enabled information system design poka-yokes: a case study with a manufacturing logistics process, Proc. of the 6th CIRPSponsored ICDET, pp. 1277–1289, 2010, Berlin: Springer.
-  Powell D., Skjelstad L., RFID for the extended lean enterprise, Int. J. of Lean Six Sigma, 3, 3, 172–186, 2012.
-  Ramadan M., Zelong Wang B., Noche B., RFIDenabled dynamic Value Stream Mapping, Proc. of IEEE SOLI Conf., pp. 117–122, 2012, Suzhou (China), IEEE.
-  Ramadan M., Al-Maiman M., Noche B., RFIDenabled smart real-time manufacturing cost tracking system, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., 89, 1–4, 969–985, 2017.
-  Haddud A., Dugger J.C., Lee H., Lean manufacturing control, asset tracking, and asset maintenance: assessing the impact of RFID technology adoption, J. of Int. Technol. and Inform. Manag., 24, 2, 35–54, 2015.
-  Rafique M.Z., Ab Rahman M.N., Saibani N., Arsan N., Saadat W., RFID impacts on barriers affecting lean manufacturing, Ind. Manag. and Data Syst., 116, 8, 1585–1616, 2016.
-  Chongwatpol J., Sharda R., Achieving Lean Objectives through RFID: a simulation-based assessment, Decision Scie., 44, 2, 239–266, 2013.
-  Brintrup A., Ranasinghe D., McFarlane D., RFID opportunity analysis for leaner manufacturing, Int. J. of Prod. Res., 48, 9, 2745–2764, 2010.
-  Patti A.L., Narsing A., Lean And RFID: Friends Or Foes?, J. of Bus. and Econ. Res., 6, 2, 83–90, 2008.
-  Su W., A research on integrated application of RFID-based lean manufacturing, Proc. of CCDC Conf., pp. 5781–5784, 2009, Guilin (China), IEEE.
-  Lage Junior M., Godinho Filho M., Variations of the Kanban system: Literature review and classification, Int. J. of Prod. Econ., 125, 1, 13–21, 2009.
-  Kouri I.A., Salmimaa T.J., Vilpol I.H., The principles and planning process of an electronic Kanban system, Novel algorithms and techniques in telecommunications, automation and industrial electronics, T. Sobh, K. Elleithy, A. Mahmood, M.A. Karim [Eds.], pp. 99–104, 2008, Dordrecht (Netherlands), Springer.
-  Barbosa G., Andrade F., Biotto C., Mota B., Heijunka system to level telescopic forklift activities using tablets in construction site, Proc. of XXI IGLC Ann. Conf., pp. 821–830, 2013, Fortaleza (Brasil), IGLC.
-  Chen J.-C., Chen K.-M., Application of ORFPM system for lean implementation: an industrial case study, Int. J. of Adv. Manuf. Technol., 72, 5–8, 839– 852, 2014.
-  Huang G.Q., Qu T., Zhang Y., Yang H., RFIDenabled real-time manufacturing for automotive part and accessory suppliers, Proc. of XL IEEE CIE Conf., pp. 1–6, 2010, Awaji (Japan), IEEE.
-  Dai Q., Zhong R., Huang G.Q., Qu T., Zhang T., Luo T.Y., Radio frequency identification-enabled real-time manufacturing execution system: a case study in an automotive part manufacturer, Int. J. of Comp. Integ. Manuf., 25, 1, 51–65, 2012.
-  Chen K.-M., Chen J.-C., Cox R.A., Real time facility performance monitoring system using RFID technology, Assembly Automation, 32, 2, 185–196, 2012.
-  Zelbst P.J., Green Jr K.W., Sower V.E., Abshire R.D., Impact of RFID and information sharing on JIT, TQM and operational performance, Manag. Res. Rev., 37, 11, 989–970, 2014.
-  Xiu-Xu Z., Lin-Yan N., Study of the lean logistics operating model based on RFID and its application in auto industry, Proc. of IEEE CNMT Symposium, pp. 1–4, 2009, Wuhan (China), IEEE.
-  Chen R.-S., Tu M., Development of an agent-based system for manufacturing control and coordination with ontology and RFID technology, Expert Syst. with Applicat., 36, 4, 7581–7593, 2009.
-  Li Z., Fan J., Study on JIT distribution system based on web for the 3rd party logistics, Proc. of 4th IEEE WiCOM Conf., pp. 1–4, 2008, Dalian (China), IEEE.
-  Chen J.C., Cheng C.-H., Huang P.B., Supply chain management with lean production and RFID application: A case study, Expert Syst. with Applicat., 40, 9, 3389–3397, 2013.
-  Chen J.C. et al., Warehouse management with lean and RFID application: a case study, Int. J. of Adv. Manuf. Technol., 59, 1–4, 531–542, 2013.
-  Helo P., Suorsa M., Hao Y., Anussornnitisarn P., Toward a cloud-based manufacturing execution system for distributed manufacturing, Comp. in Ind., 54, 4, 646–656, 2014.
-  Santos J., Garcia M.P., Arcelus M., Viles E., Uranga J., Development of a wireless Plug&Lean system for improving manufacturing equipment diagnosis, Int. J. of Comp. Integ. Manuf., 24, 4, 338–351, 2011.
-  Tabanli R.M., Ertay T., Value stream mapping and benefit-cost analysis application for value visibility of a pilot project on RFID investment integrated to a manual production control system – a case study, Int. J. of Adv. Manuf. Technol., 66, 5, 987–1002, 2013.
-  Chen T.-L., Real-time turbine maintenance system, Expert Syst. with Applicat., 36, 4, 8676–8681, 2009.
-  Soundararajan D., Jackson S., Waste Reduction By Mistake Proofing, Proc. of IIE IER Ann. Conf., pp. 2006–2011, 2011, Reno (NV), IIE.
-  Li J., Zhang Q., Li B., Design on method of Statistical Process Control based on RFID technology, Proc. of 8th SCMIS Conf., pp. 1–5, 2010, Hong Kong, IEEE.
-  Shih C.-W., Wang C.-H., Integrating wireless sensor networks with statistical quality control to develop a cold chain system in food industries, Comp. Stand. and Interfaces, 45, 62–78, 2016.
-  Lee C.H.K., Ho G.T.S., Choy K.L., Pang G.K.H., A RFID-based recursive process mining system for quality assurance in the garment industry, Int. J. of Prod. Res., 52, 14, 4216–4238, 2014.
-  Qu T. et al., System dynamics analysis for an Internet-of-Things-enabled production logistics system, Int. J. of Prod. Res., 55, 9, 2622–2649, 2017.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2019).