Slope stability estimation of the Kościuszko Mound in Cracow
Treść / Zawartość
In the paper, the slope stability problem of the Kościuszko Mound in Cracow, Poland is considered. The slope stability analysis was performed using Plaxis FEM program. The outer surface of the mound has complex geometry. The slope of the cone is not uniform in all directions, on the surface of the cone are pedestrian paths. Due to its complicated geometry it was impossible to do computing by Plaxis input pre-procesor. The initial element mesh was generated using Autodesk Autocad 3D and next it was updated by Plaxis program. The soil parameters were adopted in accordance with the detailed geological soil testing performed in 2012. Calculating model includes geogrids. The upper part was covered by MacMat geogrid, while the lower part of the Mound was reinforced using Terramesh Matt geogrid. The slope analysis was performed by successives reduction of φ /c parameters. The total multiplayer ΣMsf is used to define the value of the soil strength parameters. The article presents the results of slope stability before and after the rainfall during 33 days of precipitation in flood of 2010.
Bibliogr. 12 poz., tab., rys.
-  WRANA B., Soil dynamics. Calculation models, Published by Cracow University of Technology, Kraków, 2012 (in Polish).
-  WRANA B., Lectures on soil mechanics, Published by Cracow University of Technology, Kraków, 2014.
-  WRANA B., Laboratory Testing of Soil Mechanics, Published by Cracow University of Technology, Kraków, 2015.
-  Reference Manual, PLAXIS 3D 2013.
-  Material Models, PLAXIS 3D 2013.
-  Dokumentacja geologiczno-inżynierska dla rozpoznania podłoża, dla potrzeb opracowania zabezpieczenia obiektu stożka Kopca Kościuszki wraz z otoczeniem, Przedsiębiorstwo geologiczne S.A., Kraków, styczeń 2013.
- [N1] PN-EN 1997-1: Eurocode 7: Geotechnical design – Part 1: General rules.
- [N2] PN-EN 1997-2: Eurocode 7: Geotechnical design – Part 2: Ground investigation and testing.
- [N3] PN-81/B-03020: Building soils. Shallow foundation of buildings. Statics calculation and designing (in Polish).
- [N4] PN-EN ISO 14688-1: Geotechnical investigation and testing. Identification and classification of soil. Part 1. Identification and description.
- [N5] PN-EN ISO 14688-2: Geotechnical investigation and testing. Identification and classification of soil. Part 2. Principles for a classification.
- [N6]PN-88/B-04481: Building soils. Laboratory tests (in Polish).