Exhaust emission testing methods - BOSMAL’s legislative and development emission testing laboratories
Treść / Zawartość
The latest legislation regarding the reduction of harmful exhaust emissions, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption determines not only maximum permissible emissions factors, but also emissions testing methods and laboratory design and additionally leads to the development of new research methods. BOSMAL has risen to meet these challenges by investing in an updated, state-of-the-art emissions testing laboratory, housed within a climate chamber and in parallel investing in a completely new laboratory designed with incoming and future legislative requirements in mind. This paper presents BOSMAL’s improved M1/N1 vehicular emissions and fuel consumption laboratory in a climatic chamber and BOSMAL’s standard chamber for the testing of vehicles in accordance with European Union, US and Japanese standards. The specifications, capabilities and design features of the sampling, analysis and development research possibilities and climate simulation systems are presented and discussed in relation to the increasing drive for cleaner, light duty road vehicles (including hybrids and electric vehicles). The recently-renovated laboratory with extended standard temperature range and the laboratory with climatic chamber are described in the context of the newest European Union legislation on the emission in the range of Euro 6d testing requirements. The laboratories permit BOSMAL’s engineers to compete in the international automotive arena in the development of new, more ecologically friendly and increasingly fuel efficient vehicles.
Bibliogr. 27 poz., il. kolor., fot., wykr.
- Engine Research Department, BOSMAL Automotive Research and Development Institute Ltd in Bielsko-Biała, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhaust Emission Laboratory, BOSMAL Automotive Research and Development Institute Ltd in Bielsko-Biała, email@example.com
- Exhaust Emission Laboratory, BOSMAL Automotive Research and Development Institute Ltd in Bielsko-Biała, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhaust Emission Laboratory, BOSMAL Automotive Research and Development Institute Ltd in Bielsko-Biała, email@example.com
-  BIELACZYC, P. Global development of emissions reduction strategies from light duty vehicles, 2nd International Conference on the Sustainable Energy and Environmental Development, IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 2019, 214, 012139. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/214/1/012139.
-  BIELACZYC, P., WOODBURN, J. Trends in Automotive Emission Legislation: Impact on LD Engine Development, Fuels, Lubricants and Test Methods: a Global View, with a Focus on WLTP and RDE Regulations, Emission Control Science and Technology. 2019, 5, 86-98. DOI: 10.1007/s40825-019-0112-3.
-  European Commission, Communication from the Commission to the European Parlament, the Council, the European Parliament and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions, Commission Work Programme 2019, Strasbourg, 23.10.2018, COM(2018) 800 final.
-  Transport & Environment (T&E), CO2 Emissions from cars: the facts, April 2018.
-  OLIVIER, J.G.J., SCHURE, K.M., PETERS, J.A.H.W. Trends in global CO2 and total greenhouse gas emissions: 2017 Report, Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency. The Hague, 2017, PBL publication number: 2674.
-  European Environment Agency (EEA), Average CO2 emissions from newly registered motor vehicles. 11 Jun 2018.
-  Continental, Worldwide Emission Standards and Related Regulations, Passenger Cars / Light and Medium Duty Vehicles, September 2017.
-  International Council on Clean Transportation Europe (ICCT), European Vehicle Market Statistics, Pocketbook 2017/18.
-  https://www.bosmal.eu/676-scope_of_accreditation_of_the_testing_laboratory_no._ab_128_02.08.2018_en
-  BIELACZYC, P., SZCZOTKA, A., WOODBURN, J. Carbon dioxide emissions and fuel consumption from passenger cars tested over the NEDC and WLTC - an overview and experimental results from market representative vehicles, 2nd International Conference on the Sustainable Energy and Environmental Development. IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 2019, 214, 012136. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/214/1/012136.
-  Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/1151 of 1 June 2017 supplementing Regulation (EC) No 715/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council on type-approval of motor vehicles with respect to emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles (Euro 5 and Euro 6) and on access to vehicle repair and maintenance information, amending Directive 2007/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, Commission Regulation (EC) No 692/2008 and Commission Regulation (EU) No 1230/2012 and repealing Commission Regulation (EC) No 692/2008. Official Journal of the European Union, L 175, 1-643, 7.7.2017.
-  Commission Regulation (EC) No 692/2008 of 18 July 2008 implementing and amending Regulation (EC) No 715/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council on type approval of motor vehicles with respect to emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles (Euro 5 and Euro 6) and on access to vehicle repair and maintenance information. Official Journal of the European Union, L199, 1-136, 28.7.2008.
-  Regulation No 101 of the Economic Commission for Europe of the United Nations (UN/ECE)—Uniform provisions concerning the approval of passenger cars powered by an internal combustion engine only, or powered by a hybrid electric power train with regard to the measurement of the emission of carbon dioxide and fuel consumption and/or the measurement of electric energy consumption and electric range, and of categories M1and N1vehicles powered by an electric power train only with regard to the measurement of electric energy consumption and electric range. Supplement 7 to the original version of the Regulation—Date of entry into force: 18 June 2007.
-  Regulation No 115 of the Economic Commission for Europe of the United Nations (UN/ECE) Uniform provisions concerning the approval of: I. specific LPG (liquefied petroleum gases) retrofit systems to be installed in motor vehicles for the use of LPG in their propulsion system; II. specific CNG (compressed natural gas) retrofit systems to be installed in motor vehicles for the use of CNG in their propulsion system, Supplement 6 to the original version of the Regulation - Date of entry into force: 10 June 2014.
-  Global technical regulation No. 15, Global technical regulation on Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedures (WLTP), Amendment 3, Established in the Global Registry on 15 November 2017.
-  GIECHASKIEL, B., LAHDE, T., SUAREZ-BERTOA, R. et al. Particle number measurements in the European legislation and future JRC activities. Combustion Engines. 2018, 174(3), 3-16. DOI: 10.19206/CE-2018-301.
-  BIELACZYC, P., WOODBURN, J., GANDYK, M. Trends in automotive emissions, fuels, lubricants, legislation and test methods - a global view, with a focus on the EU & US - Summary of the 5th International Exhaust Emissions Symposium (IEES). Combustion Engines. 2016, 166(3), 76-82. DOI: 10.19206/CE-2016-342.
-  United States Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Part 86.161, 86.161-00. Air conditioning environmental test facility ambient requirements. www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/40/86.161-00.
-  BIELACZYC, P., SZCZOTKA, A., PAJDOWSKI, P., WOODBURN, J. Development of vehicle exhaust emission testing methods - BOSMAL’s new emission testing laboratory. Combustion Engines. 2011, 144(1), 3-12.
-  United States Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Part 1066, 1066.835. Exhaust emission test procedure for SC03 emissions: www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/40/1066.835.
-  www.hioki.com/en/products/detail/?product_key=6413
-  www.avl.com/-/avl-flowsonix-air
-  JAWORSKI, P. et al. SCR systems for NOx reduction in heavy and light duty vehicles. Combustion Engines. 2016, 164(1), 32-36.
-  GIECHASKIEL, B., SCHIEFER, E., SCHINDLER, W. et al. Overview of soot emission measurements instrumentation: from smoke and filter mass to particle number European Commission. 2013-01-0138, TSAE-13AP-0138. DOI: 10.4271/2013-01-0138.
-  GIECHASKIEL, B., LAHDE, T., CLAIROTTE, M. et al. Post Euro 6/VI activities focusing on particle number, Expert Panel Discussion EU/China Emissions Regulations, SAE WCX, 2019. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.26039.37286.
-  Delphi Technologies launches 26th worldwide emissions standards book. 2018/2019, Apr 26, 2018, www.delphi.com/newsroom/press-release/delphi-technologies-launches-26thworldwide-emissions-standards-book.
-  BIELACZYC, P. Particulate number (PN) & gaseous emissions in the EU automotive emissions context. Expert Panel Discussion EU/China Emissions Regulations. SAE WCX, 2019.