Application of UV camera for PD detection on long rod HV insulator
Treść / Zawartość
The aim of the research works, results of which are presented in this paper, was to determine the feasibility and to indicate the application scope of optical method in the diagnosis of high-voltage (HV) long rod insulators. Diagnosis of technical condition of HV insulators is critical, because the insulation system undergoes aging processes, which cause deterioration of the insulating properties. The measurements were performed during test under laboratory conditions using an UV camera. Corona partial discharges occurring on the long rod insulator were registered, while the supply voltage value was increased. The presented analyses consider dependencies of the supply voltage value on the count number of UV photons emitted by partial discharges occurring in long rod insulator made of porcelain.
Bibliogr. 16 poz., fot., rys., tab., wykr., wzory
-  Frącz P.: Influence estimation of the voltage value on the measurements results for the optical radiation generated by partial discharges on bushing isolato., Acta Phys. Pol. A, Vol. 120, pp. 604-608, 2011.
-  Coenen S., Tenbohlen S.: Location of PD sources in power transformers by UHF and acoustic measurements. IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 19, No. 6, 2012.
-  Cleary G. P, Judd M. D.: UHF and current pulse measurements of partial discharge activity in mineral oil. Science, IEE Proceedings of Measurement and Technology, Vol. 153, No. 2, 2006.
-  Frącz P.: Measurement of Optical Signals Emitted by Surface Discharges on Bushing and Post Insulator. IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 1909-1914, 2013.
-  Biswas S., Koley C., Chatterjee B., Chakravorti S.: A Methodology for Identification and Localization of Partial Discharge Sources Using Optical Sensors. IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 19, pp. 18-28, 2012.
-  Nasrat L. S., Hamed A. F., Hamid M. A., Mansour S. H.: Study the flashover voltage for outdoor polymer insulators under desert climatic conditions. Egypt. J. of Petroleum Vol. 22, pp. 1-8, 2013.
-  Abderrazzaq M. H., Abu Jalgif A. M.: Characterizing of corona rings applied to composite insulators.Elec. Pow. Sys. Resear. Vol. 95, pp. 121-127, 2013.
-  Giriantari I.: Monitoring the insulator condition by on-line voltage distribution measurement. IEEE Int. Conf. on Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis, pp. 392-394, 2008.
-  Lindner M., Elstein S., Lindner P., Topaz J., Phillips A.: Daylight corona discharge imager. 11th Int. Symp. on HV Engineering, Vol. 4, pp. 349-352, 1999.
-  Ma B., Zhou W., Wang T., Ding Y.: Study on corona discharge test under power frequency voltage of the severe non-uniform electric field based on the UV-light imaging technology. IEEE 4th Asia-Pacific Conf. on Environmental Electromagnetics, pp. 253-259, 2006.
-  Serdyn N., Toit D.: Calibration of UV-sensitive camera for corona detection, Diploma Thesis, Stellenbosch University, RPA, 2007.
-  Stolper R., Hart J., Mahatho N.: The design and evaluation of a multi-spectral imaging camera for the inspection of transmission lines and substation equipment. World Insulator Congress and Exhibition, Hong Kong, China, 2005.
-  Zhao X., He S., Lei H., Jiang Z., Ye H., Jiang Z.: Research on mechanism and ultraviolet imaging of corona discharges of electric device faults. IEEE Int. Symp. on Electrical Insulation, pp.690-693, 2008.
-  Zang C., Lei H., Jiang Z., Ye H., He S., Zhao X., Jiang Z.: Study on application of ultra-violet instrument in external insulation detection of electric device. IEEE Int. Conf. on HV Engineering and Application, pp.391-393, 2008.
-  Zang C., Ye H., Lei H., Yin X., Yin J., Junjia H., Jiang Z., He S., Zhao X.: Using ultraviolet imaging method to detect the external insulation faults of electric device. Annual Report Conf. on EI and Dielectric Phenomena, pp. 26-30, 2009.
-  Zhou W., Li H., Yi X., Tu J., Yu J.: A criterion for UV detection of AC corona inception in rod-plane air gap. IEEE Trans. on DEI, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 232-237, 2011.