On the examination of relationship between personality and conflict management style (Case study: Staffs of the Province of Kurdistan's Government offices)
Treść / Zawartość
The man goal of this study was to investigate the relationship between personality and conflict management style of the staffs of the Province of Kurdistan's Government offices. This research falls under applied research in terms of goal, from a methodological point of view, it is descriptive-survey and is correlative. The researcher, via examining the population, specifically by using random sampling, deals with studying activities. This research is also among correlative researches from the view of relationship between variables and according to the timing when data were collected; this research is a cross-sectional research. The main tool for gathering data in this research is Thomas' Conflict Management Style and Personality. The statistical population of this current research consisted of staffs at the Kurdistan's government offices. The sample volume was selected 210 people by using the Cochran formula and simple random sampling method and in the end, 206 questionnaires were gathered for statistical analysis (Thomas, 1976). Findings revealed that there is correlation between openness to staffs; experience and conflict management styles; dimension of compatibility and conflict management style; dimension of staffs' conscientiousness and conflict management; dimension of staffs; extroversion and conflict management style and also between dimension off staffs' neuroticism and conflict management styles.
-  Ahmadyan, H. (2005). Examining relations of dimensions of personality and position of my identity; M.A. thesis, University of Tehran.
-  Amiri, M. (2006). Exploring awareness, attitude and performance of mangers at the Shahrood Medical University of Sciences in the area of conflict management styles. Magazine of Danesh Ofogh, 4(12): 50-56.
-  Farsi Nejad, M. (2004). Exploring realitons of identity styles and social health with academic achievement among female students of high schools in Tehran: M.A. thesis, Tehran University.
-  Khanifar, H., Moghimi, S. M., Jandaghi, G. R., Taheri, F., & Sayar, A. (2010). Understanding managers' personality; necessity for organizational behavior management (case study of fivefold model (BIG 5)) at the Ghom University. Health Management, 12(37): 31-42.
-  McCrae, R. R., & Costa, P. T. (1987). Validation of the five factor model of personality across in- struments and observation. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 52: 81-90.
-  Palmer, A. (2005). Principles of services marketing, McGraw Hill, Great Britain, 3th ed. pp, 211-785.
-  Robbins, S. P. (2010). Organizational behavior: concepts, theories, application, translated by Ali Parsaiyan, and Seyed Mohamad Arabi. Tehran: bureau of cultural researches publication.
-  Stewart, G. L., Courtright, S. H., & Manz, C. C. (2011). Self-leadership: Amultilevel review.
-  Thomas, K. W. (1976). Conflict and conflict management. In M.D. Dunnette (Ed.), Handbook of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (889-935). Chicago: Rand McNally.
-  Yu, C. S., Sardessai, R. M., Lu, J., & Zhao, J. H. (2006). Relationship of emotional intelligence with conflict management styles: An empirical study in China. Journal of Management and Enterprise Development, 3: 1-12.