Comparison of open and closed circuit HPGR application on dry grinding circuit performance
Treść / Zawartość
Abstrakt, słowa kluczowe
A conventional cement grinding circuit is composed of a two compartment tube mill, a mill filter which collects the fine material inside the mill and a dynamic air separator where final product with required fineness is collected. In general the material fed to the circuit has a top size of 50mm which is very coarse for the ball mill. For this purpose, later in 1980s, high pressure grinding rolls (HPGR) has found applications as a pregrinder which increased throughput of the grinding circuit at the same fineness.In early applications, HPGR was operated in open circuit. But later as the operating principle of the equipment based on the compression, some portion of the HPGR discharge recycled back to improve efficiency of the mill or operated closed circuit with classifiers. Within this study effect of open and closed circuit HPGR applications on dry grinding circuit performance was examined. For this purpose sampling studies around three different cement grinding circuit were completed. In the first study, a circuit including open circuit HPGR, ball mill and air separator was sampled and chosen as the basic condition. As the final product size distribution is important for grinding circuit, model structure of each equipment was developed. The second and third surveys were carried out around closed circuit HPGR operation with V and VSK separator to develop models for the separators. Finally the separator models were used in basic condition to simulate closed circuit HPGR application.It was understood from the studies that closed circuit HPGR operation improved the overall circuit efficiency at the same final product fineness by reducing the specific energy consumption.
Minerals Engineering , ISSN 08926875
- 1. Altun, O., 2007. Comparison of Different Efficiency Curve Approaches in Modelling of Air Classifiers. MSc thesis, Hacettepe University.
- 2. Aydogan, N.A., 2006. Investigation of the Performance of High Pressure Grinding Rolls in Cement Industry. Ph.D. thesis, Hacettepe University.
- 3. Aydogan, N.A.& Ergun, L.& Benzer, H., "High pressure grinding rolls (HPGR) applications in cement industry", Minerals Engineering, vol. 19, 2006, 2005, p.130-139
- 4. Benzer, H., Aydogan, N.A., Dundar, H., 2010. HPGR Model with Recycling, P9O meeting, Brisbane, Australia.
- 5. Duda, W.H., 1985. Cement-Data-Book, International Process Engineering in the Cement Industry. Bauverlag GmbH, Wiesbaden and Berlin, pp. 444.
- 6. Eifel, M.S., "Investigations on grinding in ball mills with plain and with grooved plates", Zement-Kalk-Gips, vol. 29, 1, 1976, p.30-36
- 7. Genc, O., 2008. An Investigation on the Effects of Design and Operational Parameters on Grinding Performance of Multi-compartment Ball Mills Used in the Cement Industry. Ph.D. thesis, Hacettepe University.
- 8. Günlü, A., 2006. Mathematical Modelling of Air Separators Used in Cement Grinding Circuits. Ph.D. thesis, Hacettepe University.
- 9. Italcementi Group, 2005. Crushing and Grinding Training Course.
- 10. Kellerwessel, H., "High-pressure material-bed comminution in practice", Translation ZKG, vol. 2, 90, 1990, p.57-64
- 11. Knoflicek, M., 2004. In: Bhatty, J.I., Miller, F.M., Kosmatka (Eds.), Classifiers and Separators, Innovations in Portland Cement Manufacturing. pp. 519–539.
- 12. Lynch, A.J., Fowland, C.A., 2005. The History of Grinding, SME.
- 13. Napier-Munn, T.J., Morrell, S., Morrison, R.D., Kojovic, T., 1997. Mineral Comminution Circuits Their Operation and Optimisation, 413p.
- 14. Patzelt, N., 1992. High pressure grinding rolls, a survey of experience. In: IEEE Cement Industry Technical Conference, vol. 10, No. 14, Dallas/Texas, p. 180.
- 15. Schönert, K., 1979. Aspects of the physics of breakage relevant to comminution. In: Fourth Tewksbury Symposium, vol. 3, No. 1, University of Melbourne, p. 3.30.
- 16. Shapiro, M.& Galperin, V., "Air classification of solid particles: a review", Chemical Engineering and Processing, vol. 44, 2005, p.279-285
- 17. Strasser, S., "Better grinding systems", World Cement, vol. 34, 9, 2003, p.63-67
- 18. Strasser, S.& Somani, R.A.& Dembla, A.K., "Improvements in the production of raw meal and cement by the combined use of roller press and V-separator", Zement-Kalk-Gips, vol. 50, 3, 1997, p.140-146