An Analysis of China's Outward Foreign Direct Investment to the EU: Features and Problems
This research paper reviews the development of China's outward foreign direct investment (OFDI) to the European Union since the global financial crisis, summarizes the apparent characteristics and causes behind that development, provides an in-depth analysis of the problems and deep-rooted risks in such investment, and predicts that with China's economy being stronger the scale of China's OFDI will be greater in the coming period. However, since Chinese enterprises are really newcomers of OFDI, they are far from being mature and successful players, which requires not only capital, but also an organic combination of intangible elements regarding economy, society, and culture etc. (original abstract)
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, (2011), Survey on Current Conditions of andIntention for Outbound Investment by Chinese Enterprises [R]. http://bizchinanow.com/Contents/Channel_1856/2009/0713/194028/content_194028.htm
- Ecns. cn, (2013), Chinese-German investment 'will remain robust', http://www.fdi.gov.cn/1800000121_37_41692_0_7.html
- Francoise N., (2009), Chinese Direct Investment in Europe: Facts and Fallacies, "International Economics"Issue: 9,pp. 1-12.
- Hanemann T., Rosen D.H., (2012), China Invests in Europe: Patterns, Impacts and Policy Implications, http://rhg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/RHG_ChinaInvestsInEurope_June2012.pdf
- MOFCOM,Statistical Bulletin of China's Outward of Foreign Direct Investment, various issues.
- Rios-Morales R. and Brennan L., (2010), The emergence of Chinese investment in Europe [J]. "EuroMed Journal of Business"., Vol. 5, Issue 2, pp. 215-231.
- Song L., Liu H., (2012), Chinese Direct Investment in Europe Union: Distribution, Characteristics and FutureTrends, "Journal of International Trade", No. 12, (2012), pp. 52-60.
- Tao H., (2011), China's investment is favored by Europe, China's Foreign Trade, No. 8, 2011, pp. 52-53.
- The World Bank. Doing Business (2013): Smarter Regulations for Small and Medium-Size Enterprises [M]U.S.A: World Bank Publications, 2013.
- UNCTAD. World Investment Report (2012) [M]. New York and Geneva, (2012).
- UNCTAD. World Investment Report (2013) [M]. New York and Geneva, (2013).
- Yao L., (2011), China's Investment Strategy into EU under the Aftermath of the Crisis of Euro-Zone Sovereign Debts, Asia-Pacific Economic Review, No. 5, (2011), pp. 94-98.
- Yearbook of China's Commerce, China Commerce and Trade Press, (2013).
- Zhang H., Yong Z., Van Den Bulcke D., (2011), Euro-China Investment Report 2011-2012,http://www.antwerpmanagementschool.be/media/294010/report_exec_summ_english.pdf