Critical Assessment of the Human Resource Challenges and Issues Faced by Hospitality and Tourism Sector
Hospitality and tourism are an industry which have become an essential revenue stream for many developing countries. Organizations and their management have to deal with many difficulties in recruiting, developing and maintaining well motivated employees, who must give high-quality service to demanding customers. In this article all the difficulties and issues related to human resource management which exists in tourism and hospitality industry will be critically evaluated, particularly pertaining to organization management and personnel training and motivation. in order to form, develop and maintain effective and motivated personnel. (original abstract)
- Andrews S., Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry, Tata-Mc Grow Hill publication. India 2007.
- Borkowski, Organizational behavior in health care, Jones and Burtlett publishers. USA 2005.
- Cole G., Personnel and Human Resource Management, THOMSON publication, United Kingdom 2002.
- Kusluvan S., Managing Employee Attitude and Behavior in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry, NOVA publication 2003.
- Morrison K., School leadership and complexity theory, Biddles publication; Great Britain 2002.
- Nickson D., Human resource management for the hospitality and tourism industries, Elsevier Publication 2007.
- Torrington D., Hall L., Taylor. T, Human Resource Management, Prentice Hall publication. Great Britain 2008.
- http://www.ehow.com/how_4839865_save-company-money-reducing- turnover.html
- http://bacharachblog.com/proactive-leadership-skills/3-tested-strategies-to- empower-employees/