History of Croatian Tourist Organization and Development of Croatian Tourism
Croatian National Tourist Organization was founded in 1868. on the island Hvar when the "Hygienic Association Hvar" was established. On those bases, other related tourist association were founded in places like Mali Lošinj (1885), Zadar (1892), Plitvička jezera (1893) and Rab (1895).Tourist associations in Croatia begin to connect into regional alliances the same time as in other European countries. The examples of this process are regional alliances in Split and Dubrovnik that were founded in 1922. The strongest development of Croatian tourism begins with the establishment of Croatian National Tourist Organization in 1953 and lower organizational units of places, municipalities and towns. With the analysis of historical periods, the present work aims to determine the development of tourism organizations and its impact on the development of Croatian tourism.The basic hypothesis of the research in this paper starts from the basics that the development of the Croatian tourist organization developed from lower-level units of tourism to the highest national level. This had a positive impact on the development of Croatian tourism.Based on historical analysis of the development of tourist organization, a model of development of Croatian Tourist Organization is proposed, as one of the basics and the initiator of future development of Croatian tourism.(author's abstract)
- Alfier, D. (1994). Turizam - izbor radova. Institut za Turizam, Zagreb.
- Antunac, I. (1968). Turistička organizacija u Jugoslaviji (postanak i razvitak). Turistički savez Hrvatske - Informator, Zagreb.
- Antunac, I. (1973). Turistički savez Hrvatske u dvadeset godina. Zagreb: TSH.
- Cicvarić, A. (1990). Ekonomika turizma. Zagreb: Zagreb.
- Gee, C.Y., Makens, J.C. & Choy, D.J.L. (1997). The Travel Industry, 3 ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Jadrešić,V. (2001). Turizam u interdisciplinarnoj teoriji i praksi. Zagreb: Školska Knjiga
- Jafari, J. (2002), (ed.). Encyclopedia of Tourism. London: Routledge.
- Kotler, Ph., Bowen, J. & Makens, J. (1999). Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism. New York: Prentice Hall.
- Pirjevec, B. (2002). Počela turizma. Zagreb: Mikrorad
- Seaton, A.V. & Bennett I. (1996). Markting Tourism Product. London: Thomson.
- WTO (1996). Budget of National Tourism Administrative. Madrid: World Tourism Organization
- WTO (2003). NTO Marketing Activities - Guidelines for Evolution a Joint European Travel Commission and WTO Project Carried out by The University of Luton (UK). Madrid: World Tourism Organization.